OT: s o f t players d i s c u s s i o n

In your humble opinion, who is the softest player on the Leafs?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I'm going to add a poll. So far Liljegren comes to mind. Marner and Matthews. I think OEL has a couple of fights, but they are not exactly convincing. Maybe someone has seen him play mean.

Let me know who I need to add to this list.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Isaac Nootin

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I'm a Marner fan. But I think he's probably the answer here. He has a tendency to avoid a lot of contact, sometimes sacrificing possession to keep off the boards.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
OEL hasn’t even played a game for Leafs yet. And the list should include all members of the current team or at least players that have been on the team for a season.

Reactions: AvroArrow

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The spacing of the letters is far more interesting than the topic.

The omission of Nylander invalidates the poll anyway.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I'm going to add a poll. So far Liljegren comes to mind. Marner and Matthews. I think OEL has a couple of fights, but they are not exactly convincing. Maybe someone has seen him play mean.

Need to add Nylander

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Matthews or Nylander at their size seems like the obvious choices.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Matthews has absolutely blown people up before. I can’t think of a single Marner hit ever. It’s an easy choice.

And I clicked Lilly too cause for a Dman he’s basically Marner levels of soft.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Matthews' / Stamkos tilt was really bad, and Matthews himself wishes that video footage disappears.

Is toughness winning fights? How do you define it? By this definition, Liam O'Brien and Austin Watson are not tough.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
If you know of his toughness (fighting majors, etc.), then I will omit from the poll.

Is he tough as nails?
Tough as nails? You only have to be tougher than a wet paper bag to avoid winning this poll.
Toss up between Mitch and Willy but I’ll give the nod to Nylander because he has a solid frame and could be effective at a physical game where Marner, IMO just has too slight a build.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Is toughness winning fights? How do you define it? By this definition, Liam O'Brien and Austin Watson are not tough.
Tough is a lot of things. You don't have to win a fight to be tough. You also should help a teammate, defend yourself, push back, fight through checks, throw checks, don't always glare at the referee before you protect yourself, etc.

I think about Rielly. He's not a staged fighting master, but he still sticks up for himself, a teammate, he gets emotional, he sees an injustice, etc. He's skilled and speedy, but he will (not always) do what it takes to show the world that he won't get pushed around, or that you won't get away with embarrassing the team.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007

Toughness DOES NOT EQUAL fights. Instigate much?

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Anybody who votes for Matthew or includes Matthews in such a pool either

(a) Knows nothing about hockey or toughness

(b) Doesn't watch the Leafs

(c) Has a hate on for AM34 and this is a not so subtle way of trying to diminish his game and impact.

There is absolutely no solid case ro be made that Matthews is anywhere near the softest Maple Leaf. He hits, he blocks shots and he gets as involved as a star player should in scrums and after the whistle stuff.

In fact, this entire thread feels like a vehicle designed to get people to complain about the hockey team and certain players.

Minten? OEL? WTF?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1