Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] D Ryan Suter signs with the Blues (1 year, $775k; +$2.225M in performance bonuses)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Not sure where fits among that group, but Suter probably had limited options

LHD: Krug (6.5 mil) - Leddy (4 mil) - Joseph (950K) - Perunovich (1.15 mil) - Suter (.775K+) - Tucker (800K)

RHD: Parayko (6.5 mil) - Faulk (6.5 mil) - Kessel (800K)

ijuka

May 14, 2016
CBA needs to do something about the cap circumvention with performance bonuses. Something like "10 games played" for 2mil extra or whatever it usually is isn't really how they're meant to be used, if you ask me. The main function there is not to reward performance, but rather to move a part of the cap to the following year, aka cap circumvention.

Reactions: Yemeth

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
CBA needs to do something about the cap circumvention with performance bonuses. Something like "10 games played" for 2mil extra or whatever it usually is isn't really how they're meant to be used, if you ask me. The main function there is not to reward performance, but rather to move a part of the cap to the following year, aka cap circumvention.

When someone uses them on someone that isn’t clearly toast, you might see some movement on this.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
2 teams would rather pay him to not play for them rather than having him around and still manages to find a job

How much will he make this season for this contract +bonuses+Stars money and Wild money ?

Is it like 3M here 750K from stars and 5M from wild for 8.75M total

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Alright Stars fans, let's hear it: How good/bad is this guy on the blueline?

He can and will singlehandedly lose you games on some nights. Most nights he's just a guy you won't be happy about. He did a fine job at not being invisible during games this season though when reduced to a 3rd pairing role finally which worked out for a while until the conference finals where he was absolutely awful for the 2nd year in a row.

Overall he's okay as a 6th Dman. Seems unlikely he signed somewhere to be a healthy scratch though as he's not the type of guy to be okay with that so I'd expect him to play a lot.

He can't skate and isn't a high effort guy but he does love to throw some crosschecks in front of the net. Wild fans hate him with a passion too so that's always fun.

At this point in his career, most teams are better without him. I'm surprised there was a market for him honestly

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Alright Stars fans, let's hear it: How good/bad is this guy on the blueline?
As a temporary fan of the Stars while they were playing the Oilers he's really bad. The stars had 4 defensemen for the playoffs that were NHL caliber. Granted, those 4 were all really good, but after them was a dumpster fire.

Reactions: M88K and GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
He can and will singlehandedly lose you games on some nights. Most nights he's just a guy you won't be happy about. He did a fine job at not being invisible during games this season though when reduced to a 3rd pairing role finally which worked out for a while until the conference finals where he was absolutely awful for the 2nd year in a row.

Overall he's okay as a 6th Dman. Seems unlikely he signed somewhere to be a healthy scratch though as he's not the type of guy to be okay with that so I'd expect him to play a lot.

He can't skate and isn't a high effort guy but he does love to throw some crosschecks in front of the net. Wild fans hate him with a passion too so that's always fun.

At this point in his career, most teams are better without him. I'm surprised there was a market for him honestly

As a temporary fan of the Stars while they were playing the Oilers he's really bad. The stars had 4 defensemen for the playoffs that were NHL caliber. Granted, those 4 were all really good, but after them was a dumpster fire.

Thank y'all very much!

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
Suter must have a hell of an agent
agents name is neil sheehy and here are all his clients:
1720658761101.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad