Value of: Ryan Pulock & Oliver Wahlstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
It’s an albatross of a contract. 5 more years after this one but would somebody take him off the Isles hands for basically nothing more than cap relief. He’d have to agree to it of course due to him having a no trade clause for the next three years. But with Isiah George knocking on the door and Bolduc slightly playing better there might be a log jam.

Pelech
Dobson
Romanov
Mayfield
Bolduc
Aho
Reilly
Bortuzzo

As for Ollie Gauthier is showing he belongs and Fasching although not crazy about is playing like he’s benefited from a second lease on nhl life playing lights out and not showing like he wants to sit in the press box. Islanders need draft capital and cap relief. Could both go in a trade for a 2023 2nd and 3rd?

• Haha
Reactions: Fist of Fury

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It’s not an albatross lol. Hes still on the right side of 30 and still a top4 defenseman. Lol

The right side is week after the NHL guys.

Bolduc sucks.

I’m not against trading Pelech or Pulock but it has to make sense. Need an NHL ready or close to Defensman back + prospect.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
It’s not an albatross lol. Hes still on the right side of 30 and still a top4 defenseman. Lol

The right side is week after the NHL guys.

Bolduc sucks.

I’m not against trading Pelech or Pulock but it has to make sense. Need an NHL ready or close to Defensman back + prospect.
What about Aho, what would the ask be for him?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Is he steady in his own zone? Would he be able to pair with Quinton on the Canucks top pair and play against other teams top lines?

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Is he steady in his own zone? Would he be able to pair with Quinton on the Canucks top pair and play against other teams top lines?

I doubt you want him as a top pairing defenseman. He can be a #2 but is more suited for a #3 role. Him and Hronek would probably be a good second pairing.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
The better idea is to look at Pelech for Hanafin with whatever is needed as an add. Hanafin's offense is more suited to how the team is trending in its play.

Wahlstrom right now is the 13th forward, so maybe a swap for a goalie prospect makes sense. We need some depth there to develop.

Aho's problem is he gets overwhelmed physically at times in his own zone, but if a team is looking for a skilled 3rd LHD/7th D-man who can create, he's a good fit. Return should be like a 5th round pick.

I prefer to see something like:

Dobson-Romanov (for those not paying attention to the Isles, Dobson is closing in on Top 10 status and Romanov has taken a major step up in all around play this year)
Pulock-Hanafin
Reilly-Mayfield
Bolduc and Bortuzzo in reserve

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Canucks having Pulock would be so amazing besides Willander,Petey,Hughes,miller, Hronek , and Demko I'd be willing to trade just about anything to get him.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Some Isles fans have a bug up their butt about Pulock because when he was drafted we all heard about his 100+mph slapshot and his offense, and it turns out he's a defense first guy who can move the puck and contribute a bit offensively. But he's a freakin' tank and solid defensively and he's a RHD. And he was the Isles' best player in the playoff series against CAR last year IMO. He's a good 2nd pair RHD on his own merit and would fit in great on a 1st pair with an offensive LHD. He's 29 and is signed for 6 more years at $6.15M per - not really such a bad contract at all. So not a cap dump and not someone most fans are even looking to move.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The Isles aren’t trading Pulock. Wahlstrom however is worth about as much as the English muffins in the Entenmanns outlet.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Depending on what the market can manifest, would quietly shop Pulock. Kick some tires etc. What do I know, I'm just some guy living in Florida

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Canucks having Pulock would be so amazing besides Willander,Petey,Hughes,miller, Hronek , and Demko I'd be willing to trade just about anything to get him.
The Canucks and Islanders won’t work when it comes to trades. What the Islanders would need, Vancouver isn’t moving for Pulock (for obvious reasons). We’ve tried this before though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad