Proposal: Ryan Nugent Hopkins for Linus Ullmark - Revisited

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Many on here said last summer for the Oilers to trade RNH for Ullmark. A full year later, I think this idea should very much be considered by both teams this summer. It helps both teams out and fits cap wise.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
It would be hard to trade Nuge, but I like an Ullmark -Skinner tandem way better than a Skinner - Pickard/other career backup tandem.

Replacing Nuge would be nearly impossible though.

The biggest obstacle would be getting both players to agree to go to the other destination, I think.

Reactions: Coach Parker

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
RNH is widely overrated, this trade makes the Oilers much better. RNH a ghost every playoff, gets to play on an insane PP and gets a bunch of secondary points. Bruins are a worse team doing this so I approve.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Draisaitl
Ceci

McAvoy
Ullmark

Dont know too much about Ceci but right shot d man who I saw get a lot of crap on these boards the last few seasons. Bruins seem to do well with somewhat-reclamation project D and thinking maybe he can do well on the second pair. Am I undervaluing him here or is he a complete bum? +/- looks real rough

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
RNH is widely overrated, this trade makes the Oilers much better. RNH a ghost every playoff, gets to play on an insane PP and gets a bunch of secondary points. Bruins are a worse team doing this so I approve.

RNH pads his stats by playing in the oilers offense, but Ullmark also has his stats padded by playing behind the oilers defense and having another starter to split games against good teams. Bruins only played ullmark one game against the leafs and they lost it, unless you think RNH would literally being a negative addition to the leafs I don't see how this makes things better for the leafs.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
These playoffs have shown us three things about the Oilers:

1) Goaltending is still suspect
2) Def 3-6 is still suspect
3) Still need secondary scoring

Trading RNH for a goalie, you would hope solves one, but makes the secondary scoring piece an even bigger hole.

Besides, RNH probably says no.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Oilers need to replace Campbell salary with a good NHL goalie. That is not doing that.

Edmonton's forwards depth is already pretty bad. Trading RNH makes it worse.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Draisaitl
Ceci

McAvoy
Ullmark

Dont know too much about Ceci but right shot d man who I saw get a lot of crap on these boards the last few seasons. Bruins seem to do well with somewhat-reclamation project D and thinking maybe he can do well on the second pair. Am I undervaluing him here or is he a complete bum? +/- looks real rough
Ceci is dogshit but Edmonton isn't trading Draisaitl unless he says he wants out.

This is going to be Draisaitl for one of the two Bruins goalies+
Trading Draisaitl for a goalie would be a monumental mistake. Look at Silovs, Vancouver threw a 6th at him years ago and now he's serviceable. It shouldnt be as hard as edmonton is making it look to have adequate netminding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad