Ryan Getzlaf joins NHL Department of Player Safety

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
As a Kings fan, hated him. As a Hockey fan, respect. Good add for this role, IMO. Also shocked he only made 3 all-star games...

Reactions: zeeto

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The DoPS should be a tribunal of a thug a skilled finesse player and a former jurist so the ex-players can apply consistency and precedent. What they have now is an insult to the players. Why thr NHLPA is ok with it makes little sense to me.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Let's get real folks. What happens when Perry should be suspended for 10 games and Getzlaf only gives him a $500 fine and hugs him while whispering "No way bro, never" in his ear?
Is your position that no former hockey players should be in the DoPS? Every former player will have connections to other players.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Ducks have gotten the short end of the reffing stick for years , this won’t change anything.

Like when Ducks fans complain about the refs they have a legit reason to.

Anyway, sad to see Getz no longer part of the organization but opportunities happen and can’t pass them up.
The Sharks get hosed on discipline worthy plays against rather than penalty calls, which is more specifically in the DoPS's wheelhouse

No player has been suspended for a dirty play against a Sharks player in 8 years, the last time was in 2016 when Ryan Reaves on the Blues boarded Matt Tennyson

I don't know how many suspension worthy plays have occurred against the Sharks in the last 8 seasons, but I am confident that the answer is not zero, lol, teams are allowed physically play against San Jose with impunity and I put that blame squarely on George Parros

f*** you George, you're a dumb asshole and your brain doesn't work

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
As a hockey fan, it's a good move. As a Ducks fan, (and him being my all time favorite) quite disappointed he's no longer w/the org... AND that I'll likely hate him in a year.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Total asshole on the ice, but a beauty of a guy off the ice. Glad to see Getz will still be part of the game.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Parros knowing he has the job security to bring in his buds/ex-teammates is the worst part of this news. Guess he will be hosting Wheel of Discipline a while longer.

Exactly. The Department had nowhere to go but up, and I like that it's a physical but not dirty player. But this feels like Parros hiring his buddy so I'm skeptical it will lead to any improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad