Injury Report: Ryan Ellis: Sept 22, 2022 update: potential career-ending injury, out indefinitely; torn muscle from spine to hip

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
giphy.webp

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I seem to recall something similar...and he did the same when he signed Beezer. He bragged that he got 3 players (Beezer, Sandy McCarthy and Marc Bureau) for the cost of either Richter or Cujo. So it is not surprising he continued his flawed logic and shortsighted ways signing two stay at home clutch and grab D men in an offseason when the league changed the rules...

Clarke was just a big dope ...
There are multiple factually erroneous claims in this post, independent of your concluding opinion.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Chris Therien on the STG podcast seems to insinuate something big will come of this, and the fact Ellis wasn’t in the team picture ‘speaks volumes’ on both sides of this.

I’m basing this next thing on what I’ve seen around, but there seems to be a decent chance Ellis either won’t or shouldn’t be here next year.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Chris Therien on the STG podcast seems to insinuate something big will come of this, and the fact Ellis wasn’t in the team picture ‘speaks volumes’ on both sides of this.

I’m basing this next thing on what I’ve seen around, but there seems to be a decent chance Ellis either won’t or shouldn’t be here next year.
Ellis wasn't in the team photo?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com

Can you please elaborate on this? The shouldn't be here makes sense; the won't be here is hard to see. I doubt that any club would trade for him after this season with his injury history and contract. A buy out is possible but the numbers are ugly.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Can you please elaborate on this? The shouldn't be here makes sense; the won't be here is hard to see. I doubt that any club would trade for him after this season with his injury history and contract. A buy out is possible but the numbers are ugly.
Ellis + 2nd for "cap space"

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can’t buy a player out if he’s injured, at least not the standard way.

He didn’t say much more than that (Ant wasn’t on either), but it sounded like there will be more known at the end of the season. But the main inference is that it does not seem the relationship between team and player is good given that Ellis has not been around the team. Regarding injuries, Therien mentioned that there’s only so many reasons team doctors and players go through before the team has to finally take the blame, and I’m guessing they’re either there or close to it.

As for him not being here next year, that’s me commenting on it. There’s been more smoke all of a sudden, there should be more speculation as to whether or not he is. Maybe that’s another factor, on top of the many we didn’t need, as to why they reversed course on signing Risto so quickly.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
You can’t buy a player out if he’s injured, at least not the standard way.

He didn’t say much more than that (Ant wasn’t on either), but it sounded like there will be more known at the end of the season. But the main inference is that it does not seem the relationship between team and player is good given that Ellis has not been around the team. Regarding injuries, Therien mentioned that there’s only so many reasons team doctors and players go through before the team has to finally take the blame, and I’m guessing they’re either there or close to it.

As for him not being here next year, that’s me commenting on it. There’s been more smoke all of a sudden, there should be more speculation as to whether or not he is. Maybe that’s another factor, on top of the many we didn’t need, as to why they reversed course on signing Risto so quickly.
Thank you for your response.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Di Marco has no sources.

He doesn’t even have a brain.

He’s just taking shots in the dark and hoping he ends up right.
Exactly. This is the modern technique. Take speculation that has a possibility of panning out and frame it as your own original scoop. If it pans out, retweet and sing your praises...further convincing dumb ppl that youre legit. If it doesnt...well no one will remember or care.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

Ellis, 31, the centerpiece of the Flyers’ biggest offseason move last year, played in just four games because of a pelvic injury. He said his doctors have finally figured out the “multi-layered” problem, and that he won’t need surgery. Ellis will undergo treatments and be in the gym in about a month, and he hopes to be on the ice in six weeks or so.​
The veteran defenseman said the mental strain has been tough this season. “It’s been the toughest year of my life,” he said, adding he wants to play more than anything. Now that a medical plan is finally in place, he said, he was excited for the first time in months.​

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany

Ellis, 31, the centerpiece of the Flyers’ biggest offseason move last year, played in just four games because of a pelvic injury. He said his doctors have finally figured out the “multi-layered” problem, and that he won’t need surgery. Ellis will undergo treatments and be in the gym in about a month, and he hopes to be on the ice in six weeks or so.​
The veteran defenseman said the mental strain has been tough this season. “It’s been the toughest year of my life,” he said, adding he wants to play more than anything. Now that a medical plan is finally in place, he said, he was excited for the first time in months.​
imagine you have the best doctors to ask in the whole world cause you are a millionaire with a billionaire franchise behind you. But you need half a year to get a diagnosis^^ I believe nothing about this!

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
My family loves it here, my kids love it here, we’ve found a great school. If I was playing, this would be Heaven for me. The only reason it’s not is because I’m not playing

"

We are all family. We are all Cevins friends. We all love Philly. We love to get paid for doing nothing......

I cant take this franchise anymore!! I HATE ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
imagine you have the best doctors to ask in the whole world cause you are a millionaire with a billionaire franchise behind you. But you need half a year to get a diagnosis^^ I believe nothing about this!
Well, he doesn’t have the best doctors, he has the Flyers doctors. Also anytime a profitable corporation has to provide a service for its employees, you can count on that service to be as cheap as possible so as not to adversely effect stock value for that corporations only client base it truely values, stockholders.

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Well, he doesn’t have the best doctors, he has the Flyers doctors. Also anytime a profitable corporation has to provide a service for its employees, you can count on that service to be as cheap as possible so as not to adversely effect stock value for that corporations only client base it truely values, stockholders.
If the Flyers doctors arent able to get a diagnosis for 4 weeks, i bet the flyers will look elsewhere for a "franchise corner" (DAVE SCOTT) player in Ellis!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Obviously, some of you lack extensive experience with doctors.
The assumption that every condition is easily diagnosed and treated is a signal of naivety.
Medicine isn't an exact science, at best it's an imperfect art.

Reactions: Curufinwe

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
"

We are all family. We are all Cevins friends. We all love Philly. We love to get paid for doing nothing......

I cant take this franchise anymore!! I HATE ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, he probably isn't living in Philly, more like he loves it 'here' in Voorhees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad