Ryan Dzingel healthy scratched for Game 2 vs BOS

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I was looking at this just a moment ago, he’s been a ghost this playoffs. I seem to recall he was about .5 PPG in the season with CBJ, so it’s not as if he’s still learning the system or anything...

Probably for the best, you guys got the W.

(And at least we managed to sell high on him :laugh: )

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Dzingel has shown flashes but has yet to produce in the post season. Wennberg was scratched due to lack of production, but he does provide above average defensive play. If you aren't getting production, having a shut down type forward is better than an average defensive forward.

I agree this cant sit all that well with him as a UFA.

You pretty much nailed it. If we're going to play a soft player who doesn't score (true of both Dzingel and Wennberg), then we might as well put the solid defensive guy / ace penalty killer out there. I might prefer a Hannikainen or Sedlak myself.

I doubt the Jackets have that much interest in resigning Dzingel, he is a better fit elsewhere.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I doubt the Jackets have that much interest in resigning Dzingel, he is a better fit elsewhere.

With Panarin presumably gone i’d think keeping a 50 point winger isn’t out of the question. Especially if Duchene stays as they’re buddies.

Keeping Duchene and Dzingel would certainly mitigate the loss of Panarin in terms of overall offensive ability with the team, even if they lose a gamebreaking talent.

I think when you pay the price to get someone you always explore the option of keeping them.

No Bread would certainly mix things in the top 6 and we could see for example Dubois-Atkinson and Duchene-Dzingel paired together when a new season hits.

Bjorkstrand - Dubois - Atkinson
Dzingel - Duchene - Anderson
Wennberg - Jenner - Foligno
Texier - Nash - Hannikainen

Just spitballing some fresh CBJ lines but the point is, it’s not like there’s a whole lot of skill guys outside the top 6 even with both D’s re-signed, so i would definitely keep it as a possibility.

But i digress, more of a summer thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad