RW Terik Parascak - Prince George Cougars, WHL (2024 Draft)

Blues16W

Jun 18, 2023
Cakewalk? I don’t know about that.
I’d be confident with 30, not 40.

And yeah, he likely gets drafted in the mid-late rounds.
You were saying? Lol 43 goals and 100 plus points lol, also consolidated rankings have him at 28.....

Blues16W

Jun 18, 2023
My mistake just saw it, although he's for sure going top 40, and his skating isn't nowhere near as bad as you say. Have seen him create quite a few breakaways

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Really feels like the kind of player scouts make their money evaluating. I don't know what to think. Personally wouldn't take him round one, beyond that, not sure where I'd slot him.
Well, his teammate, Heidt, didn't get picked till the final pick of the 2nd round, and he had a season that was similar to Parascak's last year. Both produced like crazy, but were beneficiaries of playing on a strong team.

I think Heidt has a more varied skillset, but Parascak can put the puck in the net, which always draws interest. He is also having a good playoff, and if PG goes all the way and he continues to be a big part of it, then he might draw some more notice.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
INjured in game 4 against Portland, and missed game 5. No idea how serious.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
One of my wild cards of the draft. Excited to see where he goes. A lot of potential with Parascak; super impressive for him to jump from minor hockey in his 16 year old season to over 100 points in the Dub in his 17 year old season as a rookie.
jumping from minor junior league to major junior league is never easy.

also, like i mentioned here before, while i was following McKenna in the CSSHL, i was following Parascak too,
but i didn't think much of him then, i only thought about his age, he was 2024 draft eligible and McKenna 2026,
so that was my bad.

Parascak challenged McKenna from the CHSSL u18 prep scoring title, McKenna eventually won, Parascak finished 2nd.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, Heidt was the last pick of the second round last year, and i think he was a better prospect than Parascak, so who knows? I keep thinking, but have never heard confirmed, that Heidt had to have come across really badly in pre-draft interviews.

I keep looking for the flaws in TP's game that would cause scouts to discount his production this year, and i don't really see it. He's not a great skater, but not a bad one, either. There are multiple clips of him outpacing defenders. Certainly better than Wood, Green, J Rob. Not big, but not small(5'11"?). Played and produced consistently throughout the year. Maybe not a great two way player, but doesn't loaf. VG shot, and obviously, has the knack of scoring, one of the most valuable and hard to teach traits in hockey. Good teams are built on two way play, but you always need a couple/few guys who can score consistently.

He led all WHL rookies in points by a fair bit(8 points over McKenna), and the only 2024 WHL(CHL, too?) draft prospect with more points was Catton.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Well, Heidt was the last pick of the second round last year, and i think he was a better prospect than Parascak, so who knows? I keep thinking, but have never heard confirmed, that Heidt had to have come across really badly in pre-draft interviews.

I keep looking for the flaws in TP's game that would cause scouts to discount his production this year, and i don't really see it. He's not a great skater, but not a bad one, either. There are multiple clips of him outpacing defenders. Certainly better than Wood, Green, J Rob. Not big, but not small(5'11"?). Played and produced consistently throughout the year. Maybe not a great two way player, but doesn't loaf. VG shot, and obviously, has the knack of scoring, one of the most valuable and hard to teach traits in hockey. Good teams are built on two way play, but you always need a couple/few guys who can score consistently.

He led all WHL rookies in points by a fair bit(8 points over McKenna), and the only 2024 WHL(CHL, too?) draft prospect with more points was Catton.
That's part of the most impressive thing about Parascak. He went straight from minor hockey in his 16 year old season to over 100 points in the Dub as a rookie in his 17 year old season. That's Brad Richards, Alex DeBrincat, Claude Giroux, Johnny Gaudreau, Daniel Briere type of production jump going from minor hockey (or low level Junior A in Giroux's case) to rockstar type of high level junior production.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
That's part of the most impressive thing about Parascak. He went straight from minor hockey in his 16 year old season to over 100 points in the Dub as a rookie in his 17 year old season. That's Brad Richards, Alex DeBrincat, Claude Giroux, Johnny Gaudreau, Daniel Briere type of production jump going from minor hockey (or low level Junior A in Giroux's case) to rockstar type of high level junior production.
I never know how to judge elite hockey factories like the Edge, but TP had 66 points there in the previous season, and the next best player had 45. Was 2nd in scoring for the entire league, eclipsed only by .... you guessed it... McKenna, who looks to be in the running for #1 oa in 2026. He was also the leading scorer for the Edge by a fair bit the year before ... scoring is normal for him.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
If you like Zach Hyman or Wayne Simmonds, you should like Terik Parascak. Net front on the PP, goes to the net and bangs in a lot of dirty goals. Not a great skater but once he gets up to top speed, his stride looks fine. He finds the soft spots of the ice pretty well and has an underrated shot. There's some Tyler Toffoli in his game at times. He's a decent passer as well.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
If you like Zach Hyman or Wayne Simmonds, you should like Terik Parascak. Net front on the PP, goes to the net and bangs in a lot of dirty goals. Not a great skater but once he gets up to top speed, his stride looks fine. He finds the soft spots of the ice pretty well and has an underrated shot. There's some Tyler Toffoli in his game at times. He's a decent passer as well.
Not the first guys I would think of, at all. TP is way less strong, especially compared to Simmonds, who was playing full time in the NHL in his D+2 season. Like you, i think the skating concerns with him are overemphasized, and as a guy who will almost certainly hit 6', will have enough size to not hold him back if he can fill out. His ability to consistently find ways to score is impressive. If his hockey IQ is as high as I think it is, AND, he is able to put on 15-20 over the next 2-3 years while continuing to work hard, then he might be a nice find.

Can't think of a comp off hand.

Reactions: touchnotthecat

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Not the first guys I would think of, at all. TP is way less strong, especially compared to Simmonds, who was playing full time in the NHL in his D+2 season. Like you, i think the skating concerns with him are overemphasized, and as a guy who will almost certainly hit 6', will have enough size to not hold him back if he can fill out. His ability to consistently find ways to score is impressive. If his hockey IQ is as high as I think it is, AND, he is able to put on 15-20 over the next 2-3 years while continuing to work hard, then he might be a nice find.

Can't think of a comp off hand.
I compared him to Simmonds and Hyman because of the net front presence/bang in dirty goals around the net.

Simmonds was passed over after his DY, drafted after his D+1, back to the O in his D+2, and then in the league in his D+3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad