RW Ondrej Kase (2014, 205th, ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
He's strung together two pretty good games in a row. A lot of skill, works hard and isn't shying away from the physical game. He's hit two posts and has had a goal called back, have to think his first one is coming soon. Really hoping he can continue to build on his play from the past couple games. Yes, it's 2 games and probably doesn't mean a lot, but the Ducks' forward depth is shot right now and we need a young winger to surprise and he's been good so far in his second call up.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
He's been solid. Really showing flashes of being a great playmaker. His hockey IQ and vision are noticeable on the ice, and he's willing to dig pucks out of just about everywhere, no matter who is challenging him. He's very feisty and his style of play reminds me a bit of Cogliano, although the two are different in terms of skillsets. Good hands and very good passing. He's rough around the edges still, and I'd like to see him get some more seasoning at the AHL level, but he looks like he could carve out a solid NHL career for himself. Still very young with lots of room to grow.

His big flaw is his size and strength. If he had maybe another inch and ~25 more pounds to him, he'd be a great player to have already. He gets pushed around a bit too much, and though I love seeing how willing he is to push himself against everyone from small to big, it's not going to work out for him unless he really bulks up. There's a bit of grit hidden in his game, but he doesn't have the strength to make it noticeable, and he doesn't possess Gaudreau-level puck skills to negate his lack of strength and frame. (though he's not bad by any means in that department)

If he can address the size and strength issues and continue to bring his level of play up, I'm really excited for him.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
This 205th overall pick has been a possession beast and has blessed Anaheim with a good third line with him vermette and nick Ritchie. His goal celly's are a treat to watch also. Anaheims scouting staff has been plucking out quite a few late round gems lately.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This 205th overall pick has been a possession beast and has blessed Anaheim with a good third line with him vermette and nick Ritchie. His goal celly's are a treat to watch also. Anaheims scouting staff has been plucking out quite a few late round gems lately.

Hopefully his brother David plays just as well for the Flyers in a few years. He was really good for Czech Republic in the WJC :nod:

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Still can't believe this guy went in 7th round and almost undrafted.. Happy for him that he's doing well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad