RW Oliver Wahlstrom - Boston College, NCAA (2018, 11th OA, NYI): Part II

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
How is this soft? He probably doesn't like being at BC and surely isn't doing quite well there with only 2 points in 9 games. How is a player who doesn't seem to be developing well in a certain program, wanting a change in scenery, in hopes of utilizing and improving his talent soft?

Maybe ask this guy?

Wow if this is true, this decision is the Epitome of SOFT

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
If he goes to Cape Breton, does that mean they automatically turn into contenders?
IMO no, most of their best players, Laferriere, and Sokolov, already play RW. Plus I don't think Wahlstrom is that well rounded to the point where he can carry a team.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Cape Breton is no where near a contender, even if they get Wahlstrom, they’re not good enough. If he comes to the Q, he’s going to be traded to a contender.

Nope.

Wahlstorm would just be kept until next year when they are planning on contending.

19 year olds Sokolov, Laferriere and Wahlstrom would be a deadly line.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Nope.

Wahlstorm would just be kept until next year when they are planning on contending.

19 year olds Sokolov, Laferriere and Wahlstrom would be a deadly line.

He can go to the AHL. I find it highly unlikely that he spends 2 years in Major Junior, if he comes this season.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
He can go to the AHL. I find it highly unlikely that he spends 2 years in Major Junior, if he comes this season.

I mean if that's the case he may as well just go to the AHL now? At this point it'd be more like a season and a half not 2 years.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
sorry if he goes ushl big big downgrade
needs minimum the Q

not sure who the advisor is but constant changes does not look good

hes bolting soon

i would concerned as islanders

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
I mean if that's the case he may as well just go to the AHL now? At this point it'd be more like a season and a half not 2 years.

Because he played in the USHL last season and players don’t go from that league to the AHL. They need some kind of buffer, a half season in the Q would provide that. The AHL is a men’s league, not many 18 year olds can do that. I wouldn’t throw him to the wolves right now.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Because he played in the USHL last season and players don’t go from that league to the AHL. They need some kind of buffer, a half season in the Q would provide that. The AHL is a men’s league, not many 18 year olds can do that. I wouldn’t throw him to the wolves right now.

I'm not convinced that half a season in the Q would be enough but we shall see.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If he goes to the QMJHL then he can't go to the AHL till hes 20. Am i wrong?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If he goes to the QMJHL then he can't go to the AHL till hes 20. Am i wrong?

Only if the players is:

1. Drafted out of the QMJHL/OHL/WHL
2. Is contracted to that team at the time of the draft*

Exceptions to rule no 2 are guys like Zadina and Sandin recently because they were actually playing on loan from teams in Europe.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Only if the players is:

1. Drafted out of the QMJHL/OHL/WHL
2. Is contracted to that team at the time of the draft*

Exceptions to rule no 2 are guys like Zadina and Sandin recently because they were actually playing on loan from teams in Europe.
He can go whenever because he was drafted out of the USHL.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks guys.

Reactions: Emerz

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Saying he's going to leave the NCAA for the USHL and not report to Cape Breton, seems like a bluff to force his way to a desirable QMJHL team (aka Halifax who is hosting the MC this year).

Although, I don't think Ryan Kennedy has a history of breaking this type of stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad