RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Does anybody know, who's his NA agent?

Fedotov went on to say that Michkov had his sights set on Philadelphia after his North American agent, Max Moliver held “negotiations” with the club.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Anyone want to speculate on where the bolded is coming from? We've been hearing this whole time that the Flyers can't pay any money to help with buying out the contract

According to SE, Philadelphia may pay SKA up to a million dollars to buy out the contract of striker Matvey Michkov.

Let us remind you that the hockey player’s agreement with the army team is valid until the end of the 2025/26 season, but it is planned that it will be terminated and the player will go to the NHL.

Also, according to our information, Michkov has changed his agent in North America - now his interests are represented by Paul Theofanos.

Philadelphia selected Michkov seventh overall in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft.

Reactions: HighOFFHockey

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone want to speculate on where the bolded is coming from? We've been hearing this whole time that the Flyers can't pay any money to help with buying out the contract

According to SE, Philadelphia may pay SKA up to a million dollars to buy out the contract of striker Matvey Michkov.

Let us remind you that the hockey player’s agreement with the army team is valid until the end of the 2025/26 season, but it is planned that it will be terminated and the player will go to the NHL.

Also, according to our information, Michkov has changed his agent in North America - now his interests are represented by Paul Theofanos.

Philadelphia selected Michkov seventh overall in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft.
Ya, i want clarification on that, too. I thought that NHL teams couldn't help their prospects buy their way out of KHL contracts.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Ya, i want clarification on that, too. I thought that NHL teams couldn't help their prospects buy their way out of KHL contracts.
They can't. My understanding is they can structure his ELC in a way that provides him with cash/bonuses that he can then use to pay SKA to buy himself out of his contract.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He’s right. This is a loss for the experts.

If the experts belabored his 3 year contract as the primary issue with Michkov then you are correct.

Many experts had more substantive issues.

It really might not matter unless he's an impact player before 2026.

They can't. My understanding is they can structure his ELC in a way that provides him with cash/bonuses that he can then use to pay SKA to buy himself out of his contract.

I've also heard about Carolina trying to buy out Nikishin's deal.

It seems more extra-legal than illegal, if you know what I mean.

Nov 9, 2022
For my fantasy hockey bros who scooped up Michkov while everyone coped and talked shit.

8urlh4.jpg

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
My understanding as to why SKA agrees to let Michkov go is because they have a better deal from PHI then they would have loaning him again to another KHL team. It likely mean Michkov would not have played for SKA next season.

Why?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Nowadays the 'Russian factor' is more about the uncertainty of keeping players in North America as opposed to getting them to go over.

If players want to try themselves in the NHL, they'll go. They all do. But the KHL is still a very lucrative alternative for players who are unhappy in N.A., don't want to spend too much time in the AHL, etc.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
My understanding as to why SKA agrees to let Michkov go is because they have a better deal from PHI then they would have loaning him again to another KHL team. It likely mean Michkov would not have played for SKA next season.

Why?

KHL teams don't get anything in return for loans. Generally speaking. It's not like SKA got anything back from Sochi last year.:laugh:

Imo Rotenberg just has a personal dislike for Michkov. Probably derives from Michkov signing a long term contract and yet wanting out early.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
KHL teams don't get anything in return for loans. Generally speaking. It's not like SKA got anything back from Sochi last year.:laugh:

Imo Rotenberg just has a personal dislike for Michkov. Probably derives from Michkov signing a long term contract and yet wanting out early.

Yes. But if SKA intended to play Michkov next year, they would not have sent him to PHI right?

Why is he loaned now ? Why would Rotenberg has a personal dislike for him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad