RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 5

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You clearly feel some sort of way about him, and that's okay.
I feel he’s a good young player with some serious flaws, just like I suspected at draft time. Him being a power play merchant on a shit team through a handful of games hasn’t changed my mind.
I'll keep enjoying his success (and same for Demidov, who I am a big fan of).
Regarding the post you quoted and linked, where was the lie?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's just a juniors
It's just KHL
It's just preseason
It's just PP <- you're here
It's just regular season
It's just Stanley Cup, no big deal, my team has 24 of them.
You missed "It's only [secondary] assists, he has muffin shot" somewhere in there.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Lmao that’s great coming from you 😂. I’ve got nothing to cope for. My team didn’t take Michkov, and I didn’t want them to take him before the draft. Can’t speak for all Habs fans, but that’s the reality for me. The fanboys really took offense to that for some reason. Whether that’s right or wrong remains to be seen, but he’s looking like pretty much exactly what I expected, and why I didn’t want him, i.e., a good offensive winger with some serious flaws and deficiencies in his game. Keep revelling in those powerplay points though.
You was wrong, your team was wrong. It’s okay to admit mistakes, especially when they are so huge.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Lmao that’s great coming from you 😂. I’ve got nothing to cope for. My team didn’t take Michkov, and I didn’t want them to take him before the draft. Can’t speak for all Habs fans, but that’s the reality for me. The fanboys really took offense to that for some reason. Whether that’s right or wrong remains to be seen, but he’s looking like pretty much exactly what I expected, and why I didn’t want him, i.e., a good offensive winger with some serious flaws and deficiencies in his game. Keep revelling in those powerplay points though.
lol enjoy Reinbacher you cope artist. Add another even strength goal to his ledger . What am I coping about ? I’m not a Flyers fan nor a Hab one ..

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
MM now a plus four this game. Is this his first game with Coutorier and Koneckny? That line is fantastic!

Yep. Torts hates logic, so he decided to try the captain at 4LW, a position I don't think he's ever played, before considering having him center Michkov.

MM very much the straw that stirred the drink today, even when he was ending up with tertiary assists because of additional tips and things like that. Hell of a game for everyone, but a lot of that doesn't happen without Matvei.

Reactions: Fatass

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
MM now a plus four this game. Is this his first game with Coutorier and Koneckny? That line is fantastic!
It’s been a blender . He’s looked good w Frost too , problem being he’s weak on draws . Konecny is a really underrated player. Main guy that isn’t meshing w him is Tippet . The hockey iq difference is astounding

Reactions: MrGuyPerson

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Yep. Torts hates logic, so he decided to try the captain at 4LW, a position I don't think he's ever played, before considering having him center Michkov.

MM very much the straw that stirred the drink today, even when he was ending up with tertiary assists because of additional tips and things like that. Hell of a game for everyone, but a lot of that doesn't happen without Matvei.

Oh yeah, without a doubt, wouldn't of been shocking if he had 5-6 points this game, just a couple extra tips made it not so, he was making the plays that setup most of what happened. Konecny had a hell of a game too.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Man, those 2 points really don't tell the whole story of Michkov's game, he basically started nearly all of the Flyers attacks that ended up with goals.

Not to overhype the kid, but he looked better than Kaprizov today (the same Kaprizov who is leading the league in points rn). If this line with Couturier and Konecny is half as good as this game teases, we're going to see some fireworks.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
lol enjoy Reinbacher you cope artist. Add another even strength goal to his ledger . What am I coping about ? I’m not a Flyers fan nor a Hab one ..
You seem mistaken. I never liked the Reinbacher pick either; hated it the moment it was announced. That has nothing to do with my opinions on Michkov, so I’m not sure what you’re trying to prove.

It's not as unlikely as you think.
If/when it happens, we can have the “generational” conversation about Michkov, like I said.

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
I feel sorry for Michkov because Philly is a dead team. Their prospect pool really sucks. it's not SJ or Anaheim or even Chicago. They need at least top 3 pick in the next couple of years, ideally win the lottery in 2026

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You was wrong, your team was wrong. It’s okay to admit mistakes, especially when they are so huge.
Lol, we’re 9 games in; we’ll see. It may well have been a mistake (passing on Michkov). Obviously I’ve been wrong before, not a big deal. But my point is that my opinions and views on him have nothing to do with the Habs passing on him, like the fanboys in here keep trying to suggest. Like I said, I do think the Reinbacher pick was a mistake, and have since it was made.

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
You seem mistaken. I never liked the Reinbacher pick either; hated it the moment it was announced. That has nothing to do with my opinions on Michkov, so I’m not sure what you’re trying to prove.
Remind what would your pick have been then? If it's not Michkov and not Reinbacher.

SlobKnox

Oct 16, 2024
Honestly it’s the first game that I see players some what adapting to his IQ. Other games he seemed to be processing at pace that they weren’t used to

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Remind what would your pick have been then? If it's not Michkov and not Reinbacher.
He's going to say Leonard....

Lol, we’re 9 games in; we’ll see. It may well have been a mistake (passing on Michkov). Obviously I’ve been wrong before, not a big deal. But my point is that my opinions and views on him have nothing to do with the Habs passing on him, like the fanboys in here keep trying to suggest. Like I said, I do think the Reinbacher pick was a mistake, and have since it was made.
I can sense our friend is starting to see the light

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel sorry for Michkov because Philly is a dead team. Their prospect pool really sucks. it's not SJ or Anaheim or even Chicago. They need at least top 3 pick in the next couple of years, ideally win the lottery in 2026
He’s only 19. If he’s as good as all of us think, they’ll be able to trade for or sign or maybe draft a few stars to play with him, and provide the needed support to make sure it’s not only him.

They could’ve made it easier, but the hardest part is acquiring the best talents in the world. Every team in the league wants them, and very few exist. Much easier to acquire the less good players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad