RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 5

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
7 pts, 6 on PP, -9. The trend continues.

Sick post, love how you poke in to cope and leave lol.

i think he will hit much higher totals than Giroux. However, I do think Giroux might have thrown up 120 today, on his best year....which isnt way off what i think Michkov is capable of

Agree, I watched Giroux since Gatineau, always thought he had PPG talent, Michkov is on a whole other level thus far in their development stages and also just raw talent at the same ages.

Last edited:

deejb

Nov 12, 2016
But bottom line, he needs the puck more.
I agree. He obviously can carry the puck (like 2:40 or 6:40 in this great video), but sometimes he gets stuck on the boards and just watches the game, like a modern-day Ovechkin on the power play. I don't know if it's his endurance problem or maybe coaching thing. I'd be interested to see him play center.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
They were always in a 1A / 1B draft class, each of them do things better than the other, who knows who will be clearly better in the end. The crazy thing is I think Michkov might be able to be more effective at center, he’s like 63% in the dot rn, lmao, one win led to a goal 🤣
Playing center is about more than faceoffs. Michkov’s lack of speed and two-way game would be a disaster there long term. Opposing teams would be salivating.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
As one of the best young players in recent years - its very interesting how Michkov will develop through this current season. Its not the rocket science he has potential to be 100-120 points player. But whats about this specific season. Will he hit the wall or will he start to figure it out right through this season and will produce even more. Of course if he will stay healthy.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Keep coping my guy . It’s a great look . Michkov continues to excel .
Lmao that’s great coming from you 😂. I’ve got nothing to cope for. My team didn’t take Michkov, and I didn’t want them to take him before the draft. Can’t speak for all Habs fans, but that’s the reality for me. The fanboys really took offense to that for some reason. Whether that’s right or wrong remains to be seen, but he’s looking like pretty much exactly what I expected, and why I didn’t want him, i.e., a good offensive winger with some serious flaws and deficiencies in his game. Keep revelling in those powerplay points though.

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
McDavid: 100 points in 82 gp
Crosby: 120 points in 79 gp
Ovechkin: 106 points in 81 gp
Lindros: 75 points in 61 gp
Lemieux: 141 points in 79 gp
Gretzky (had he been drafted, modern rules): 137 points in 79 gp

Michkov: 7 points in 7 gp

This post was in the last thread comparing guys who were considered generational. It seemed a bit unfair to me. I know, the poster was trying to use same aged years, but Michkov regardless of his age is still a rookie.

Here are those guys first 7 games in the NHL for those above guys.

McDavid: 6 points in 7 gp
Crosby: 9 points in 7 gp
Ovechkin: 8 points in 7 gp
Lindros: 7 points in 7 gp
Lemieux: 6 points in 7 gp
Gretzky: 10 points in 7 gp

As I type this, he scores a goal against Minnesota.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
A goal at even-strength, but on the delayed penalty. Are we counting that as 5 on 5?

Using his shot more than he did in the KHL last season.

Reactions: Guadana

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Lmao that’s great coming from you 😂. I’ve got nothing to cope for. My team didn’t take Michkov, and I didn’t want them to take him before the draft. Can’t speak for all Habs fans, but that’s the reality for me. The fanboys really took offense to that for some reason. Whether that’s right or wrong remains to be seen, but he’s looking like pretty much exactly what I expected, and why I didn’t want him, i.e., a good offensive winger with some serious flaws and deficiencies in his game. Keep revelling in those powerplay points though.
You sure timed that well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad