RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

skagittarius

Jan 18, 2016
PNW
I'm looking forward to seeing him when he visits FL. Love his game but one thing I noticed against NHL competition is his straight line speed seems below average. I know that wasn't a strength but I didn't expect him to look a step behind the play as much as he has on breakouts. That was one of the first things that concerned me about Nolan Patrick's game. I think that may limit his game somewhat more than I expected, but he's going to be a monster on the power play and offensive zone starts.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Uhm. Pedigree??

It's not up to Bedard to prove he's on the same level here... how about we let Michkov get a point in the NHL first? Lmao.
If Russia plays the 2023 WJHC this is a totally different conversation

“Pedigree” is not a good argument at all, there is no ability based reason Michkov should have gone below 2nd overall

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
And what will your argument be when Michkov does the same this year? Draft pedigree?
Sorry but what?..

I'm genuinely confused by the wording of your post.

Anyhow IF he manages to be PPG, and that's a huge if, then you can say he's not far off depending on Bedard's current season's outcome.

This is exactly why he's overrated and it's based on wild projections.

It's hilarious to see.

Last edited:

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Was at the game, and he was clearly the best player on the ice during stretches. Looked dangerous quite regularly. A few chances his teammates didn’t finish but also a few chances he didn’t do himself any favors with

It’s clear the people who watch the game and the people who just want to be right or prove that he somehow isn’t a fantastic looking 19 year old

Reactions: FlyguyOX

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Not that he needs to be under the microscope for every game that he plays, but it went exactly how I thought it would. Everything directed at or around the net - excellent. The medium -> low pass directed towards the net. The pass from behind the net to in front. The spin move to the front for a great chance. Plus...the no angle shot that led to the delay of game. That's his game. That's the game that I've seen his whole career.

If something isn't being directed towards the net, you get a little bit more of a mixed bag. Most egregiously, that pass attempt from the boards into the middle that was perfectly on the tape of Brock Boeser (?) and not recovering a loose puck that was six feet from him late in the game. Excellent hands, excellent shot, very high-end playmaking directed towards the net line. But the playmaking in other layers and lanes...well, certainly not "generational". It's exactly the game that I've seen with him since he was 16. He is technically excellent, folks downplaying that to play up his playmaking in space isn't how I see it. That doesn't mean you (royal you) have to see it that way though, folks can see things as they see fit, of course...
So he’s fantastic at the passing that actually generates goals. Got it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad