RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
At the risk of being unpopular, I've finally done a Michkov video. I'm sure there's a zillion out there about his hands and his shooting, so I took a look at his mental game - mainly his playmaking process. I was not completely sold on his playmaking ability in his DY...not that I thought it was bad, I just thought it fell way short of elite. So, I peaked back at his D+1 season and up to this NHL preseason to see what I could identify both good and bad. I also took note of a specific physical aspect of his game that could lend itself to being a real difference maker.

As usual, this is not a highlight video, nor does it necessarily constitute "hype train"...

Why not use Michkov's post pneumonia back-to-back game vs Kunlun, you could s**t on him even more there.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
Demidov and Perreault I sort of agree with. I agree in that I would rate their IQs as good, but I disagree in that I wouldn't grade eithers IQ as elite.
I see some other posts that I assume aren't about me, but just to be sure...I don't think Michkov's hockey sense or passing are bad or weak. Just for the record. I'm just saying that it's exactly what most of the scouting world thought in his draft year - is that it's good/very good. The "generational" talk is the new thing and it doesn't appear to be based on real events.

For the quoted, I did a quick breakdown on Gabe Perreault here - that's more in line with what I want to see when talking about truly elite hockey sense. Not saying that Perreault is a better prospect or any other noise that folks will try to shoehorn into this, but I have no doubt that Perreault is a better thinker than Michkov and most prospects. It might give a little perspective on what I'm looking at, Mr. Person.

Dr Jablonski PhD

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
You were using tape of Michkov that was perhaps some of his worst hockey played in the last 2 years. I've taken heat in here but I will stand up for his hockey IQ all day long. If it's not generational it's pretty close. It's what makes him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad