RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
There is no chance in hell they finish Bottom 5, and this is coming from a Flyers fan that WANTS them to finish in the Bottom 5. They compete too hard and have decent depth. They'll probably sniff around a playoff spot again just like last year...and probably miss again. Unless their historically bad Powerplay improves (doubtful due to coaching). That's a major X factor.
They had the worst all situations PDO in the league last year. I'd be surprised if they didn't improve on last season.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Not playing in game action for 7 months can certainly lead to fatigue in your first games back, no matter how hard you train.

It's really hard to simulate in-game pace.
Not to mention he easily led all forwards in ice time with nearly 20min

I said after one season not during the first season. And the Flyers have a different structure. Torts hockey makes them more competitive than an ordinary rebuilding team. That’s good for some points in the standings, even if it’s not going to get you to the playoffs on its own. Combine that with what Michkov will probably be, and I see them after a year being in about the place that they finished last season. Michkov’s level might offset the fluky nature of last season for them that we saw fade badly down the stretch, but I don’t see them being that bad in the way a team like the Hawks will be.
Flyers easily had the leagues worst PP. If the flyers are merely the same and make decent progress in their PP with Michkov then they should be in playoff contention again.

From what I’ve seen so far he’s mostly playmaking, so not sure how some of you see him scoring 30+. He’s not shooting much
At least not in his first season. looking at more like a 25-40 type year as a rookie

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Most intriguing rookie for me in a long time. Hope he shuts up all the haters with a 70+ point season. Kid is a surgeon with the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad