RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
He is a Kucherov regen. His ability to create offense is exceptional.
Yep, this always been who he reminds me of. No superior physical ability, just controls the game with magician playmaking

He got outplayed in a pre-season game by Jett Luchanko against AHLers.... not a good look.
Luchanko was awesome and if the team was competing would most likely make the squad as a bottom 6, but that takes nothing away from Michkov.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The scary part about players like Michkov is that they can have mediocre games and still show up all over the score sheet. He has the ability to play that quiet game that makes dmen forget about him, then he gets the puck for two seconds and the puck is in your net.

Imagine this guy if he's able to improve his skating in the next few years.

And hopefully the nonsensical narrative that he's not an elite passer will soon be put to rest. He's a better passer than he is a shooter.

Reactions: PK16

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
The scary part about players like Michkov is that they can have mediocre games and still show up all over the score sheet. He has the ability to play that quiet game that makes dmen forget about him, then he gets the puck for two seconds and the puck is in your net.

Imagine this guy if he's able to improve his skating in the next few years.

And hopefully the nonsensical narrative that he's not an elite passer will soon be put to rest. He's a better passer than he is a shooter.

Good take, his passing is absurd, it gets masked by his wicket shot, I kinda had a feeling he’d win a few rockets before tbh, but he’s so good at passing that when he sees NHL talents burying his passes I’m not sure he’ll ever shoot enough to win a rocket. Maybe an odd year he guns for it though. It’s too early to tell though.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad