RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Every ounce of physical evidence that's available says that it's a correct statement. Just being a blind Habs homer that refuses to use evidence and just says things because it makes you feel better doesn't make it reality just because you have a large fan base.
Blind homer!?!?! hahahaha. So much projection...who is blindly claiming that Michkow will score 120 points?...if that is not a blind fanboy homer then it does not exist. I have not said anything to fawn over Demidov or the Habs in this thread. Simply trying to bring back to reality before you hurt yourself!

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Admit what? That most Habs fans wanted Michkov? I think most people would say the same thing.

Can you admit your comment about "every" Habs fan and "pathetic" is wrong?
I believe hockey fans have no issues with Hans fans who wanted Michkov. There are special habs fans who thinks that Reinbacher potentially is more impactful player and decision was right. And Michkov isn’t as special at all. The beef is with them. Especially with some who thinks that Reinbacher potentially is more impactful, rare and pricey that Demidov and Michkov. It’s especially fun because mtl board have own thread for SKA Russia KHL hockey game with many pages of conversation on it. Yeah, I believe that’s a way to discuss consensual not the best prospect of the mtl canadiens who is not the most intriguing and potentially most talented prospect of the team. Team, that decided to draft winger by 1OA pick when there were two RDs available. And after Reinbacher mtl still continue to draft winger over centers or other defensemen.

The problem is in mtl haters - it’s a small but very active special part of fan base who is continuing to sh1t on Michkov with repeating stories of his bad attitude (he has no bad character, he just hates to loose) - which was translated by mtl team and media, of his bad two way game(like he was the only one top prospect with meh defensive game) - which was translated by mtl team and media, of his small size (like he was the only one top prospect of the small size and waaaaaay shorter than Demidov) - which was translated by mtl team and media, of his desire to not play for mtl - which was not translated by mtl team(you will ask why because they were not afraid to talk bad about him and this argument would put everything on the logic path, may be because he didn’t and they can’t lie like this with the straight face) which was fake - he literally said by himself he had meeting with mtl and he said that he will be ready to play - even for Arizona.

The whole thing is pure nonsense because of his three years deal and mtl stupidity of Bobrov or someone else we will never know. And the only real victim is Reinbacher who will be compared with Michkov because of bad decision of scout and/or gm. They could build the most dangerous offense if they would wanted, but they tried to outthink it. Still very good team with so many interesting young players. This is a survivor's mistake. Michkov is in the harder position with less talented flyers roster now. But mtl could easily build dynasty roster with right decision on the draft and trade up next year with their pick for defenseman or sign experienced defenseman on the market. Or trade for him. With right management it could be black hawks level story.

But now they will never make a trade or sign 90-100+ points player and even with very talented roster they will fight for survive as other talented teams. They missed their free opportunity to build something special. May be if they will f*caked up another season - they will draft one more really talented player, but I think mtl will be better this year to draft players with special potential. And still they will have min chance to draft another player with as much impressive track record and iq/decision making tool.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I believe hockey fans have no issues with Hans fans who wanted Michkov. There are special habs fans who thinks that Reinbacher potentially is more impactful player and decision was right. And Michkov isn’t as special at all. The beef is with them. Especially with some who thinks that Reinbacher potentially is more impactful, rare and pricey that Demidov and Michkov. It’s especially fun because mtl board have own thread for SKA Russia KHL hockey game with many pages of conversation on it. Yeah, I believe that’s a way to discuss consensual not the best prospect of the mtl canadiens who is not the most intriguing and potentially most talented prospect of the team. Team, that decided to draft winger by 1OA pick when there were two RDs available. And after Reinbacher mtl still continue to draft winger over centers or other defensemen.

The problem is in mtl haters - it’s a small but very active special part of fan base who is continuing to sh1t on Michkov with repeating stories of his bad attitude (he has no bad character, he just hates to loose) - which was translated by mtl team and media, of his bad two way game(like he was the only one top prospect with meh defensive game) - which was translated by mtl team and media, of his small size (like he was the only one top prospect of the small size and waaaaaay shorter than Demidov) - which was translated by mtl team and media, of his desire to not play for mtl - which was not translated by mtl team(you will ask why because they were not afraid to talk bad about him and this argument would put everything on the logic path, may be because he didn’t and they can’t lie like this with the straight face) which was fake - he literally said by himself he had meeting with mtl and he said that he will be ready to play - even for Arizona.

The whole thing is pure nonsense because of his three years deal and mtl stupidity of Bobrov or someone else we will never know. And the only real victim is Reinbacher who will be compared with Michkov because of bad decision of scout and/or gm. They could build the most dangerous offense if they would wanted, but they tried to outthink it. Still very good team with so many interesting young players. This is a survivor's mistake. Michkov is in the harder position with less talented flyers roster now. But mtl could easily build dynasty roster with right decision on the draft and trade up next year with their pick for defenseman or sign experienced defenseman on the market. Or trade for him. With right management it could be black hawks level story.

But now they will never make a trade or sign 90-100+ points player and even with very talented roster they will fight for survive as other talented teams. They missed their free opportunity to build something special. May be if they will f*caked up another season - they will draft one more really talented player, but I think mtl will be better this year to draft players with special potential. And still they will have min chance to draft another player with as much impressive track record and iq/decision making tool.
There's a lot to unpack here, but overall I respect your opinion with this.

I'd say I've "come to terms" and am now pretty happy with Reinbacher. I was livid at the time - literally was listening to it on the drive home and pulled my car over to listen, and then be annoyed/disappointed.

If Reinbacher becomes a RHD McDonagh 2.0 or Pietrangelo, I won't be too upset over missing out on a Kaprizov level talent.

Big ifs on both sides. Michkov is a really interesting prospect for sure. I want to reiterate that I wanted him before Smith on my other team too. I'm willing to accept if I'm wrong.

I don't want to try to compare these players, since they're all pretty different. Again, Michkov has a really, really interesting profile as a prospect.

Reactions: Xirik

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
There's a lot to unpack here, but overall I respect your opinion with this.

I'd say I've "come to terms" and am now pretty happy with Reinbacher. I was livid at the time - literally was listening to it on the drive home and pulled my car over to listen, and then be annoyed/disappointed.

If Reinbacher becomes a RHD McDonagh 2.0 or Pietrangelo, I won't be too upset over missing out on a Kaprizov level talent.

Big ifs on both sides. Michkov is a really interesting prospect for sure. I want to reiterate that I wanted him before Smith on my other team too. I'm willing to accept if I'm wrong.

I don't want to try to compare these players, since they're all pretty different. Again, Michkov has a really, really interesting profile as a prospect.
Separately both Reinbacher and Smith are very good prospects. Both worth high picks. I believe both teams will doing fine, both teams made big job to build very talented roster. Michkov is in worser situation. I think he has a chance to repeat previous Kaprisov path - only one great player on a very mediocre team. But after wild made pretty nice job with what they owned on their hands. May be it will help them, may Briere will do something similar. They have very intriguing prospect Zavragin, their wingers pool is quite good. But Zavragin needs time and they really need in the first top level center and many more defensemen.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Blind homer!?!?! hahahaha. So much projection...who is blindly claiming that Michkow will score 120 points?...if that is not a blind fanboy homer then it does not exist. I have not said anything to fawn over Demidov or the Habs in this thread. Simply trying to bring back to reality before you hurt yourself!
WHO TF said he'd score 120? You need help bro lol, another easy ignore, "fanboy homer" yeah you're one of the worst.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Every ounce of physical evidence that's available says that it's a correct statement. Just being a blind Habs homer that refuses to use evidence and just says things because it makes you feel better doesn't make it reality just because you have a large fan base.
Any member of an organized religion would disagree.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
And as usual, you call it wrong! :laugh:

Most Habs fans wanted Michkov back then. Many still want him. You're welcome to educate yourself... Or don't. Whatever floats your boat.

Michkov is a great prospect and that's something I'll continue to repeat.
No one said they wouldn’t take him on our team. Most Habs fans said they are as happy with Reinbacher who filled and still fill a bigger need than Michkov short and long term.

No one said Michkov is trash and they wouldn’t take him. I an ideal world, Habs would have been able to draft both Michkov and Reinbacher. I would’ve also taken Buium and Demidov this year but you only get to choose one player.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not much longer now and we will see Michkov in action with the Flyers. Is he the guy most fans want to see right now? I’m thinking that’s a yes.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Not much longer now and we will see Michkov in action with the Flyers. Is he the guy most fans want to see right now? I’m thinking that’s a yes.
That’s a fair assumption. Michkov, Celibrini and Hutson are the 3 players most NHL fans are eager to see how they fare in the NHL this season

Reactions: Fatass

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
No one said they wouldn’t take him on our team. Most Habs fans said they are as happy with Reinbacher who filled and still fill a bigger need than Michkov short and long term.

No one said Michkov is trash and they wouldn’t take him. I an ideal world, Habs would have been able to draft both Michkov and Reinbacher. I would’ve also taken Buium and Demidov this year but you only get to choose one player.
Yep, sounds about right. Ideally we could've had both. There's some crazy folks on these boards who like to try to spin a different narrative, but I think the vast majority of Habs fans liked and still like Michkov.

@FinlandPanther

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
lol I like how you snuck Hutson in . Good prospect but common …You have the 2 best prospects in the world … and then Hutson . One of these are not like the other
Take a moment to look at Hutson’s two games against a Detroit team that was fighting for a playoff spot and tell me again how this guy isn’t on everyone’s radar to see how he perform over a full season.

I know how you love your Maple Leafs and you don’t want to see Montreal become a better team but Hutson is definitely on everyone’s radar for this year.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Take a moment to look at Hutson’s two games against a Detroit team that was fighting for a playoff spot and tell me again how this guy isn’t on everyone’s radar to see how he perform over a full season.

I know how you love your Maple Leafs and you don’t want to see Montreal become a better team but Hutson is definitely on everyone’s radar for this year.
Being on the radar and being one of the most anticipated players , especially grouped w the 2 best prospects in hockey is just another attempt for your look at me attitude . He doesn’t belong , and 2 nothing games at the end of the season doesn’t change this . Again good prospect , maybe at top 25 guy and he’s plenty interesting but there are levels ..

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Being on the radar and being one of the most anticipated players , especially grouped w the 2 best prospects in hockey is just another attempt for your look at me attitude . He doesn’t belong , and 2 nothing games at the end of the season doesn’t change this . Again good prospect , maybe at top 25 guy and he’s plenty interesting but there are levels ..
You mean the two games Detroit needed to win to get into the playoff? I don’t think anyone in Detroit considered those games as being nothing games

Reactions: viceroy

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
lol they don’t but spin it as you please.
They? I am part of "they" in this case. Admit you're wrong, or don't. You're objectively wrong though. There's no grey area. :laugh:

Look at my name or avatar. I'm a Habs fans who likes Michkov. I'm not alone. Many people like Michkov. You might be serious, I do believe that, but that's a knock on you.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
They? I am part of "they" in this case. Admit you're wrong, or don't. You're objectively wrong though. There's no grey area. :laugh:

Look at my name or avatar. I'm a Habs fans who likes Michkov. I'm not alone. Many people like Michkov. You might be serious, I do believe that, but that's a knock on you.
I didn’t say YOU specifically. You seem objective. The others don’t.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
When is the discussion going to be about Michkov in this thread again?

I try to check this thread once a day and I’ve just had to sift through over two full pages of talk about religion, sending in resumes to NHL teams, and fanboys. Am I in the wrong place and is there somewhere else I should go for Michkov discussion?

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Yeah, we are not trying to make our guys better and we are objective. Celebrini, Michkov and Hutson btw for the entire world, boyz.

Yeah.

Pablo Sanchez

The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
Yeah, we are not trying to make our guys better and we are objective. Celebrini, Michkov and Hutson btw for the entire world, boyz.

Yeah.
And then whenever someone takes that dudes bait their whole fanbase storms in shitting their pants calling everyone a habs hater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad