RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
Hopefully with Michkov the Flyers get a lot better, just not to much though. As a Devils fan I enjoy watching the Devils beat the Flyers.:devdance:

The Metro division is a lot more exciting when the Devils, Rangers, and Flyers are firing on all cylinders
always had kind of a soft spot for the flyers, I just can't hate them them as much a most metro teams for some reasons. I agree it's way more fun when they're in the playoffs, they had some of the craziest series during the Giroux era.

I don't really see a clear window for them ahead but if Michkov hit his ceiling they'll be a fun team

Happy to see that at least 1 Montreal fan acknowledges the incredibly obvious KHL contract factor. My thanks for your rational thought process .
I mean, feel like most rational fans stay on their team's board cause the mainboard can be so toxic at times. A lot of posters just have an agenda to push.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
always had kind of a soft spot for the flyers, I just can't hate them them as much a most metro teams for some reasons. I agree it's way more fun when they're in the playoffs, they had some of the craziest series during the Giroux era.

I don't really see a clear window for them ahead but if Michkov hit his ceiling they'll be a fun team

I mean, feel like most rational fans stay on their team's board cause the mainboard can be so toxic at times. A lot of posters just have an agenda to push.
Had they not totally screwed up with Cutter Gauthier . . . Devastating loss.

• Wow
Reactions: Lazytrout and Xirik

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

You , I like you ^^

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Is that why ARZ took Simashev over him, who was in the exact same boat contract wise?

Is that why the Habs passed on him at 5th, but had no problem taking Demidov at 5th the very next year, who is in the exact same situation contract wise?

Is that why the Penguins still took Malkin at 2nd overall, despite him having an even worse contract situation than any of the above?

Michkov “dropped” to 5th because teams liked other players better. End of story.

The narrative that he told teams not to pick him makes no sense either. Lindros did that, and the Nordiques picked him anyway, and then traded him for a franchise-altering haul after. Thats the precedent in that type of situation. Imagine them letting him drop to 2nd lmao. That’s what would’ve happened if Michkov was as talented as the fanboys in here would have you believe.

He isn’t.

If you really felt that way, why do you feel the need to post it over and over again, say something enough you actually start believing it, seems like massive cope. Michkov > Demidov, stay triggered.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
If you really felt that way, why do you feel the need to post it over and over again, say something enough you actually start believing it, seems like massive cope. Michkov > Demidov, stay triggered.
Interesting. I had to stop at page 3 of your posts there were so many more.
1725756531696.png

1725756509397.png

1725756488088.png

1725756460614.png
1725756378716.png
1725756415836.png
1725756346418.png

1725756274731.png

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

Interesting you have the time to scour my profile, lol. Yeah debating a player in a Michkov vs Demidov thread vice tearing into a player in his prospect thread, yeah not equal, good try though. Michkov > Demidov, over and out.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Interesting you have the time to scour my profile, lol. Yeah debating a player in a Michkov vs Demidov thread vice tearing into a player in his prospect thread, yeah not equal, good try though. Michkov > Demidov, over and out.
Oh i just thought the whole say it enough till you convince yourself line was lacking so much self awareness to not point out

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
you know crow is not very good regardless of how it is prepared. good luck with your cast in stone opinions of players who have not played a game in the NHL.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
you know crow is not very good regardless of how it is prepared. good luck with your cast in stone opinions of players who have not played a game in the NHL.

Every ounce of physical evidence that's available says that it's a correct statement. Just being a blind Habs homer that refuses to use evidence and just says things because it makes you feel better doesn't make it reality just because you have a large fan base.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
For a fan on a forum you seems to know a lot about how those guys will pan out. Maybe you should send your resume to NHL teams. it’s sad that your skillset is wasted on a forum that no one who matter in the hockey world read.

Don’t let your talent go to waste. Make the jump.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Yeah, A thread designed for such posts like the Michkov vs Demidov thread is different then a prospect thread.

Reactions: carouselofgoalies

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Cool dude enjoy Reinbacher and his “ compete “ . I’ll take skills all day . I recon the majority would as well if there is a significant talent divide . Michkov is plenty competitive additionally.
I remember when Rob Schremp had all the skills in the world and no compete. The opposite could be said about Brandon Prust. One had a fairly lengthy career in the NHL, the other didn't. Same for Josh Ho-Sang, highly skilled coming out of minor hockey. No compete. Compete does mean something. it's part of the equation, and for some....it is the most important part.

Don't confused me for saying I didn't prefer Michkov. I did/do. I just am not so quick to dismiss what our scouts see in Reinbacher. I desperately hope they were right.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
:eyeroll:

Typical response from you.

Michkov should be a great player. I wanted him last year. No need to troll.
I’m not trolling. Every Montreal fan is trying to downplay the kid. It’s pathetic.

Bro the majority of our fanbase wanted him , its like 3 dudes with 200 posts in here trolling and coping , don't put us all in the same basket
You must not see Twitter. Demidov’s floor is the next Kucherov and guy will never be able to be hit. Guy got blasted today in the KHL

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I’m not trolling. Every Montreal fan is trying to downplay the kid. It’s pathetic.

You must not see Twitter. Demidov’s floor is the next Kucherov and guy will never be able to be hit. Guy got blasted today in the KHL
:eyeroll:

Read the post you quoted. Am I downplaying him? Most Habs fans wanted him. The word pathetic here is awfully ironic coming from you.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Hopefully with Michkov the Flyers get a lot better, just not to much though. As a Devils fan I enjoy watching the Devils beat the Flyers.:devdance:

The Metro division is a lot more exciting when the Devils, Rangers, and Flyers are firing on all cylinders

I agree, but give me something all those years of suffering when Marty Brodeur played, decades of torture, let me have something lol and just when Brodeur retired, on came Crosby, the Flyers are doomed :help:

Reactions: Xirik

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Michkov is a fantastic prospect. I wanted him both at #4 and #5 last year. Even if he doesn't pan out, his pedigree is absolutely worth the "risk" because his upside truly is that high. He's got the potential to be a franchise changing forward.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I’m sorry you feel that way. I call it as I see it.
And as usual, you call it wrong! :laugh:

Most Habs fans wanted Michkov back then. Many still want him. You're welcome to educate yourself... Or don't. Whatever floats your boat.

Michkov is a great prospect and that's something I'll continue to repeat.

Reactions: HabzSauce

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
And as usual, you call it wrong! :laugh:

Most Habs fans wanted Michkov back then. Many still want him. You're welcome to educate yourself... Or don't. Whatever floats your boat.

Michkov is a great prospect and that's something I'll continue to repeat.
Well at least you can admit it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad