RW Liam Greentree - Windsor Spitfires, OHL (2024, 26th, LA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Big power forward that can be described as a good skater. Very good on the forecheck intimidating opposing defenders with his relentless pressure.
Loves to get in the dirty areas and is very good in front of the net, corralling rebounds for scoring chances and annoying goalies and defenders alike.
I don’t know how good offensively he’ll be in his 16 year old OHL season but should be a key guy going forward with the Spitfires. Him and Spellacy provide an intriguing 1-2 power forward punch going forward.

Hope this helps!

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Love how he has played this year for Windsor.

has 19 points in his past 18 games.

Reminds me stylistically of a young Jason Robertson.

Windsor will have a lot of graduations heading into next year so he should be given a more prominent offensive role; it‘ll be interesting to see how he produces.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
After only 2 points in his first 17 games played in the OHL - he has exploded for 32 in his last 29 games.

Very real possible he hits 30 goals as a 16 year old this season. Savards offence is very generous to him.

Reactions: Dominance

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel like this guy is a little bit under the radar right now. He played like half the shifts of the regulars today for Canada, and was still one of the best players.

He had a very good U17 season too. I think he’ll be one of the first 5 guys picked out of the OHL in 2024.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Been waiting for him to get back in the lineup so I could see him play. 2G 2A is a pretty good return.

Nice shot, used his strength/reach well, showed good offensive awareness. Seems like there's lots to like here, excited to see more.

Reactions: barriers

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
How is Will Cuyllle for a comparison? @GermanSpitfire?
Both are power forwards that played for the Windsor Spitfires. Nothing against Will but he lacks the IQ, hands in tight and the anticipation that Greentree has, though Cuylle is probably the better skater and although Greentree’s shot is coming along great this season, Cuylle probably has him beat there. The best comparable for Greentree is probably James Van Reimsdyk with how good he is in front of the net and in the corners while also having the mental fortitude to do more than just be a body in front although that’s Greentree’s bread and butter.

Greentree has legitimate potential to be a top-6 powerforward that can create offense himself from time to time, I absolutely love what Cuylle brings but he is more of a passenger on the teams he’s played for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad