RW Chase Stillman - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2021, 29th, NJD)

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
If he had gotten to play in a real league this year there's no reason to think he wouldn't have been ranked in the 20's.

His D-1 year production was nearly identical to Othmann, who went #16. His "consensus" ranking is definitely a product of having little exposure in his draft year.

TBF he also could have easily dropped. Someone from the OHL is going to go way later than they should have in retrospect due the season being canceled, here's hoping it's Chase.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Glad we got Hughes but was a little bummed to see us reach for Stillman. I'm sure the OHL not playing will have a say in his rankings this year. We have seen these kind of picks many times the past few years so as we know we will have to wait 5ish years to really know if it was worth it or not. I'm a fan of what he brings to the table but he doesnt have a crazy ceiling IMO. We lost Batstian and Maltsev already this offseason so bringing in a kid with good size who plays a physical game is a +.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Has anyone watched him this year? How does he look?

One word, disappointing.

Especially as of late. He's looked completely disengaged and like he checked out weeks ago. That can't happen, especially when you're looked to as a leader on a young Wolves team.

Hopefully the trade to Peterborough does him some good.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
What has happened to this guy? Looks like he hasn’t improved significant since the 19-20 season. Also why would he go to the Danish u20 league last year?

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
OHL never had a season, went to whatever league he could in Europe like many other OHL kids
I know that o_O. Why the Danish u20 league specifically though? Barely a top 10 European junior league. There was obviously better options in europe, junior wise, not even speaking on senior league potential

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I know that o_O. Why the Danish u20 league specifically though? Barely a top 10 European junior league. There was obviously better options in europe, junior wise, not even speaking on senior league potential
Players left late, teams have import and roster limits, they took whatever their agents could get

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Can't say I'm surprised. Actually predicted this in the Othmann thread. The elevation to the top line surely helped even though he also created some offense on his own. Won't score 4 goals every game but if he sticks on the top line then his point totals will finally go up. He was a complete player already, just needed to score more. Now he's got the chance to show what he's all about.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad