RW Andrei Svechnikov (2018, 2nd, CAR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
And Yakupov went first. What was that saying GWB always tried to say. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

For those who have seen both play in their draft years, what are the differences between Yakupov and Svechnikov besides their size. Does Svechnikov have a higher hockey IQ than Yakupov?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
For those who have seen both play in their draft years, what are the differences between Yakupov and Svechnikov besides their size. Does Svechnikov have a higher hockey IQ than Yakupov?

As an avs fan I love Yak's bubbly energy and want him to replace our mascot whenever he finally gets pushed out of our bottom 6; but unfortunately the lil fella just doesn't know how to hockey. He's human ADHD and makes so many decisions that are just so bafflingly illogical that you can only laugh at wtf he was "thinking".

Svech (on the other hand) actually understands how the sport works, has better hands, is a better playmaker, is bigger, stronger, more creative, and frankly just a completely different level talent in every respect other than shooting ability.
And Yakupov went first. What was that saying GWB always tried to say. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Good point, no one should ever draft a russian again lest they get suckered into another Yakubov. KHL teams should just banish everyone under the age of 24.

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
ANOTHER 2 goals for Svechnikov.
11th multi-point game in 12 games, 15+7=22.

Falling for Dahlin? more like Dahling is falling :)
- yes yes, he is still ahead,but the gap is not that big anymore,
Andrei getting closer to Dahlin after each game.

Andrei leads all rookies in goals,points in the OHL,
even though he has played 20+ games less.

Andrei is second in the entire CHL in rookie goals
behind only 5 goals (Zadina),who has played
12 more games than Andrei.

Reactions: Brucelenok

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Agree with the above post. Svech is getting closer to Dahlin rather than Zadina & Tkachuk getting closer to Svech. Dahlin is still number 1 though, but the gap is getting smaller.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Ottawa is a bit messed up as an organization right now, but would love to see him there. A great place to play and live.

Reactions: Flanec2017

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
This kid just puts up 2 goals every night the last month or so it seems, as an OHL rookie...amazing. I see him play, then I watch Zadina and I’m honestly surprised that these 2 are neck and next for second overall. Svechnikov is just better in so many ways.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You forget Eugene and his... views.
We tried to trade up for sergachev in 2016. Those “views” are overblown. He’s a little more risk adverse when drafting out of Russia. But many GMs seem to be. He’s just been vocal about some conflicts in that part of the world so he gets labeled with this.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
We tried to trade up for sergachev in 2016. Those “views” are overblown. He’s a little more risk adverse when drafting out of Russia. But many GMs seem to be. He’s just been vocal about some conflicts in that part of the world so he gets labeled with this.

eh, we havent drafted a russian player since like 2004

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
eh, we havent drafted a russian player since like 2004
Again. We tried to trade up for one. In general drafting Russians was avoided because of the khl. And the sens are somehow the only ones with this reputation. Not to mention we don’t have that many scouts. Who knows if we even send one to Russia. We don’t have the man power.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Again. We tried to trade up for one. In general drafting Russians was avoided because of the khl. And the sens are somehow the only ones with this reputation. Not to mention we don’t have that many scouts. Who knows if we even send one to Russia. We don’t have the man power.

I am pretty confident saying that for a period of time the Sens actively avoided Russians in the draft. But Bryan Murray is no longer with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad