Rumor: Russo: MIN interested in Laine

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
if we're going to save space for bonuses instead of getting charged an overage next season, what kind of salary can we give him? Half of what we pay Trenin? That doesn't sound reasonable.

edit: or maybe we're working on putting someone on that magical LTIR train and pulling them out for the playoffs? If Spurge is still broken...

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I can't see how this gets done. CBJ needs to retain 50% and we still need to send over 2.5M back. The cost isn't cheap at that point.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Seems like Minny loves that have dead buyout money cause Laine will be just that very soon...

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m thinking it would be something like Gustavsson + 2nd for Laine @ 50% retained. I’m completely fine with this not coming together, but just thought it was noteworthy

Reactions: Wild11MN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I’m thinking it would be something like Gustavsson + 2nd for Laine @ 50% retained. I’m completely fine with this not coming together, but just thought it was noteworthy
Seems like the only way it can happen, unless he can convince MoJo and Gaudreau to waive their NTC/NMC's, which is highly unlikely.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Gotta imagine 50% retention is worth that alone. A nearly PPG player for less than 5M for the next two seasons? That's not gonna come cheap.

I just can't see the two making it work.

Feb 5, 2016
Seems like the only way it can happen, unless he can convince MoJo and Gaudreau to waive their NTC/NMC's, which is highly unlikely.
Minnesota has 10 players on NTC’s, M-NTC’s or NMC so for Minnesota to acquire Laine would be almost next to impossible, unless some players waive.

Guerin has his hands tied with most of the Wild pricer players.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Gotta imagine 50% retention is worth that alone. A nearly PPG player for less than 5M for the next two seasons? That's not gonna come cheap.

I just can't see the two making it work.
1 PPG player with center Jenner in 2021/22 and had 52 points in 55 games in that season with center Roslovic and d-men: Peeke, Gudbranson and Berni in 2022/23.

I'm curious to see how many points and goals Reinhart without Barkov, the best d-man Kulikov (btw Laine had more goals, in 5v5 than Sam), Matthews without Marner, the best d-man - McCabe or Rantanen without McKinnon, the best d-man - De Haan would get.

Last season he had concussion syndrome (thanks Andersson).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad