GDT: Russia Vs Sweden | 12/30 @ 9:30PM | TSN/NHLN

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
I someone seriously calling this SLEWFOOT

a dive? Or are we talking about a different penalty here? Because someone who doesn't see that leg movement from the Russian, is blind.

That's a suspension.

That leg movement comes from him losing his balence when he collides with Costmar. His leg never touches Costmar. Interference was the right call, and Costmar should've had a holding the stick.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This game is nuts. First 10 minutes, I thought Russia would cruise. Since then, they've done everything they can to lose.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Startseva, woman, early on drinks really, it's not 1st January

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Almost an elimination game feel to this one. Love it.

....and yea, I hated that dive but it's adding to the intensity in this one.

Startseva

Dec 30, 2012
Moscow
Sweden did dominate 2nd. Like Russians dominated 1st.
Just swallow your pride and just admit you failed in 2nd period.
Sweden dominated 2nd but not like Russians at 1st. Swedens had 4 PPs. Just swallow your pride and just admin that the domination was coz of PPs.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Kicking motion, and gets him off balance. 100% slewfoot by the rulebook:

I think it's the stick that got him off balance. It didn't seem intentional like let's say these videos.

These videos show a blatant kicking motion, where as abramov was nowhere, nearly as blatant.

Interference yes. Slewfoot no, not even close.

as another poster noted his foot is in a position after losing his balance on his interference.

That leg movement comes from him losing his balence when he collides with Costmar. His leg never touches Costmar. Interference was the right call, and Costmar should've had a holding the stick.

Exactly my views as well. Good post.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
5v5 Russia is clearly better today. Clean up the discipline and we got this
Are they better 5 on 5 if they play within the rules though? That means not taking penalties.
They clearly want to play borderline hockey, sneaky dirty plays, physically outmuscling the other team, running the goalie etc. It's a dangerous game.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Sweden dominated 2nd but not like Russians at 1st. Swedens had 4 PPs. Just swallow your pride and just admin that the domination was coz of PPs.
They got the powerplays because of domination.

Sweden dominated that period, just like Russia dominated the first period.

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
Interesting to find out whether Larionov is able to handle the discipline in the 3rd. That would be a great indication if is a good coach for the junior team or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad