Runoff: Who is the 11th best player so far in the 21st Century?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the 11th best player so far in the 21st Century?

• Total voters

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
There's people that would rather build a team around Karlsson than Chara.....?

Questionable

I'm not sure that's the theme. The poll is asking which player is the 11th best player of this century. I'm sure people are taking career accomplishments into account.

Besides, Karlsson might be a better choice in today's era. Would Chara be as effective as he was in a wider open, higher scoring League?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I mean Karlsson would have won a cup with that dominant Bruins team too...
Part of the reason the team was dominant was the Chara/Seidenberg pairing.

It's just weird to say a "cup run" that ended without a cup was far better than a cup run that ended with one. Especially when the one you're mentioning didn't even result in the Senators making the cup finals.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Neither defines how good a player actually is. It is a team game after all. And the question is best player, not which player has more cups.
Right, and I'm saying it's weird to say that a "cup run" which resulted in losing in the ECF is "far better" than what Chara has done. Is Karlsson more offensively talented? No doubt. That said, the Chara/Seidenberg pairing was absolutely bananas in shutting down opposing teams.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Not comparable to Chara or Datsyuk however.
I disagree. The window was shorter but the peak was super, super high. He completely controlled the ice during his sens run every shift and drug them through the playoffs himself. He was never the same after the injury though.

I’m still taking Chara BTW. The intangibles and leadership put him over the top for me. Just saying Karlsson is underappreciated. IMO, he was a top 3 player in the league for a brief bit where it would be a stretch to say Chara or Datsyuk were.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad