GDT: Running Preseason GDT | Game 7 | PIT @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Sillinger looks niftier at times
Johnson looks poised to break out this season

Edit - then Sillinger blows a tire in his own zone lol
Yeah this is where I am with Sillinger. He does little things every now and then that make him seem better than an average player, he was good in the first period I thought, less so here in the second. And he's still young. So hopefully he can put it all together eventually. Might be wishful thinking.

Not a great period overall though.

Is it just me or does it seem like we're being more physical and shoving people against the boards more than in past seasons? And "giving wood", that's the term right for whatever hits with the stick and pushes... Even Pyyhtiä was whacking away lol. Never was a big fan of that and after this offseason I've become even softer I guess, I don't like it at all.

Reactions: DEF

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Jiricek has been great tonight

Sitting in 207.. I thought it was a hand or finger
“Great” is a bit much.

I’m not there so I just saw the feed. It happened from a check that looked pretty shoulder to shoulder.

If you’re going from his reaction afterwards I hope something did get pinched in his hand and you aren’t misinterpreting him stabilizing his shoulder and holding it close to his body as something wrong with his hand.

LJ7

#80 #13
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Johnson just letting his guy skate right by him and set up unabated in front of the goal
Harris and/or Mateychuk need to replace one or both of that pairing. Jiricek did better with Mateychuk, playing him with Johnson is setting him up for failure.

Reactions: majormajor

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Everyone keeps saying Jenner is better at W than at C. Is he? There’s no stats that support that claim. And so far in preseason my eyes don’t believe that claim.

Reactions: LJ7

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Everyone keeps saying Jenner is better at W than at C. Is he? There’s no stats that support that claim. And so far in preseason my eyes don’t believe that claim.

Jenner is not better at wing.

But if you had him on that trio at center instead of wing I don't think it would make a difference. He just doesn't have it going right now and that line is a bad fit for all of them.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad