GDT: Running Preseason GDT | Game 5 | WSH @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I think it will eventually be KJ - Monahan - Marchenko on the top line, but understand why they might not want to put KJ in that role right away.
Agreed. At some point this season we will definitely see that, and if Brindley keeps up his play we will eventually see him next to Fantilli at some point this year as well, probably just due to injuries. I think and hope that Brindley and Mateychuk will both end up with over 40 games for us this year and unlike some prior guys, they’ll both actually be ready for it.

Reactions: LJ7

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I think this is the organization’s best 6 defenseman and should be the starting the year in Columbus. I like Christiansen and Mateychuk more than Provorov at this point, and Harris might be the better option also.

Werenski-Severson
Mateychuk-Gudbranson
Christiansen/Provorov-Harris

I don’t really like Monahan and Jenner together, or that were seemingly forcing Jenner to the wing. Let them center their own lines and we can have a decent “top 6”.

Voronkov-Jenner-Chinakhov

Fantilli/Johnson-Monahan-Marchenko/Johnson

Johnson-McKown-JVR/Brindley

Malatesta-Sillinger-Olivier/Gambrell

Reactions: LJ7 and MoeBartoli

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
DBB has made a couple of good offensive plays early this game. I think he’s a sleeper who could end up being a useful player.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Don’t see how you can say with a straight face you can earn your spot in camp, and turn around and send Mateychuk down . He’s 2nd best D man on our roster already

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Does anyone find it curious there’s not a single sign of Bally Sports in the arena? And we haven’t announced our TV coverage yet.

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Don’t see how you can say with a straight face you can earn your spot in camp, and turn around and send Mateychuk down . He’s 2nd best D man on our roster already
I don’t know if he’s 2,3,4 but he’s somewhere there. I still think he may well start in Cleveland but he’ll be here by mid-year at worst if he does.

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
I don't recall being as excited for a defensemen prospect as I am with Mateychuk. Since Z I guess. This kids gonna be a star.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad