GDT: Running Preseason GDT | Game 4 | BUF @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
All of that could be solved by dropping Sillinger to the 4th line or 13F spot until Danforth returns. This is also probably unrealistic but here's one suggestion:

Johnson - Monahan - Fantilli
Chinakhov - Voronkov - Marchenko
vanRiemsdyk - Jenner - Brindley
Sillinger - Kuraly - Olivier
I like it more but Evason wants the Jenner - Monahan - Marchenko line as the first.

LJ7

#80 #13
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio

Was hoping to see Mateychuk. I don't like this top 9 layout but I'm sure it will sort itself out if it doesn't work. I would like to see:

Jenner/Fantilli-Johnson
Chinakhov-Voronkov-Marchenko
JVR-Monahan-Brindley
Sillinger-Kuraly-Olivier

Or if they're firm on the current centers then:

Johnson-Monahan-Marchenko
Jenner-Fantilli-Chinakhov
JVR-Sillinger-Voronkov

Hard to tell what actually would work in practice though. Haven't seen much to determine where players are at and how they all work together.

Reactions: majormajor

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Buffalo is icing their AHL squad again due to them being in Europe at the same time. I would be shocked if the Jackets don't stomp them.
This is the type of game you'd expect to CBJ to play well but will likely lose, kinda like Washington last night

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This is the type of game you'd expect to CBJ to play well but will likely lose, kinda like Washington last night

I think what most often happens in this sort of pre-season NHL v AHL matchup is that the AHL guys work their tails off and dominate possession, can't score, and then just get wiped on the PP and on a few skill plays. Didn't happen last night, but that's how I see it happening most of the time.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Owen and Cole both in, eh? Nice.

So, how soon 'till we offer a contract to Lukas? Might as well collect the whole set, and he put up decent points for the Sun Devils last season. And he's close enough to a Luca that he'd already obviously be a fit... ;)
Might as well get a Luca Fantilli too for Cleveland near the end of this year while we are at it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad