GDT: Running Preseason GDT | Game 2 09/25/24 | STL @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I'm bullish on Mateychuk and Brindley. It's Sillinger and Jiricek that I wasn't happy with yesterday.
There isn't anyone yet who gets you out of your seat on a regular basis from our prospect pool. Fantilli could be but time will tell and who else. Can't be another Rick Nash era where you have one player and a lot og decent players. We need a couple of elite players to change the course of this franchise, Sillinger hasn't shown as of yet being worth the 12th overall pick, this is his 4th season.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Maybe I’m apart of the doomsday poster crowd. After all, I did say I think we’re going to be terrible. But I also said not to take anything away from preseason games. So who knows.

i think the Johnny tragedy has made a lot of people go from questioning how good/bad we’d be to just expecting it to be as bad as possible. He was the best player on an already bad team, so naturally people are going to say it’s going to be even worse. I don’t think that’s a stretch either.

I’m obviously going to watch and give them a chance, I am still excited to see how the young guys develop (Fantilli especially), but I can’t exactly say the doomsday predictions are totally out of merit either.

But we are a message board of fans. I hope people enjoy posting here. I hope it’s a good community for all to feel welcome. I will do my best as an individual to make it as enjoyable as I can for others to interact with. This place is supposed to be “fun” or engaging.
I don't know that doomsday is the right word. What fun is a message board if we all had the same opinion? Wouldn't be a discussion really. I'm just not one to place judgement on an entire organization when you look at a game like the Buffalo game. For me, it just fits the narrative for some and that's their choice. And I'm not saying being a fan is all roses all the time, but to be disappointed with anything from last night, to me, is utterly ridiculous. Buffalo played with almost an entire NHL roster and we had nothing. Again, you're right, it's a message board. I just don't understand the approach to critiquing anyone at this point in the process.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Maybe I’m apart of the doomsday poster crowd. After all, I did say I think we’re going to be terrible. But I also said not to take anything away from preseason games. So who knows.

i think the Johnny tragedy has made a lot of people go from questioning how good/bad we’d be to just expecting it to be as bad as possible. He was the best player on an already bad team, so naturally people are going to say it’s going to be even worse. I don’t think that’s a stretch either.

I’m obviously going to watch and give them a chance, I am still excited to see how the young guys develop (Fantilli especially), but I can’t exactly say the doomsday predictions are totally out of merit either.

But we are a message board of fans. I hope people enjoy posting here. I hope it’s a good community for all to feel welcome. I will do my best as an individual to make it as enjoyable as I can for others to interact with. This place is supposed to be “fun” or engaging.
Maybe?

Who are these doomsday posters?

If preseason games are totally meaningless, why do we have a thread for them?

Also would like to know what should those people be called who every year seem busy to make fun of the "overreacting doomsday crowd"?
Realistic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad