GDT: Running Preseason GDT | Game 1 | CBJ @ BUF | 5 PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AnonCommentary

Jun 4, 2024
Is this being televised?
Typically in past seasons these have been broadcasted via the CBJ website. Think that may still be the case. However, I’ve seen some fans of other teams complain that they’re getting blacked out because of geographical boundaries. Hope that’s not the case.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Sabres fan here, coming in peace.

We ran mostly this same lineup against the Pens on Saturday night. The reason for this is that our A-team gets 3 preseason games (PIT this past Saturday, tonight, then Friday against Red Bull Munich) before starting the season against NJ in Prague. So Lindy is really pushing for our guys to get ready.

When we play again on the 28th, you'll be getting a watered-down version of the Amerks.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Sabres fan here, coming in peace.

We ran mostly this same lineup against the Pens on Saturday night. The reason for this is that our A-team gets 3 preseason games (PIT this past Saturday, tonight, then Friday against Red Bull Munich) before starting the season against NJ in Prague. So Lindy is really pushing for our guys to get ready.

When we play again on the 28th, you'll be getting a watered-down version of the Amerks.
While you're here... are Buffalo preseason streams usually just the in-arena video feed like with the graphics and everything from the jumbotron?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
While you're here... are Buffalo preseason streams usually just the in-arena video feed like with the graphics and everything from the jumbotron?
Last year, they were our announcers (Dan Dunleavy and Rob Ray) synced with the jumbotron feed.

This past Saturday against the Pens, it was a full-on MSG-B production. Given how this is streaming, my guess is that it will be announcers synced with the jumbotron feed.

Reactions: squashmaple

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If anyone would like to watch the game not only online, but also later, they can do so here (both, stream and should also be a record)
It worked for my daughter in Slovakia (European Union) even without logging on VKONTAKTE .

Reactions: thebus88

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
And obviously the streams are, once again, geoblocked. The CBJ app without location enabled worked for a few seconds but then I tried to go horizontal and it gave me the geoblock. Bleh. Wish there was a "watch only your team" non-illegal global option for like a $100 or $200, instead of the all-in-get-all-the-sports-I-don't-need $40 a month or so.

Regardless, 1-0 BUF Power on a power play (maybe a 5-on-3, wasn't following too closely).

1-1 Olivier in front of the net. He made something out of nothing really, coming from behind the goal and just stuffing it in after a couple of whacks.

Last edited:

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Beauty hit by Elick there on Benson.

I liked how Harris and Jiricek played in the 1st.

Fantilli at center still looks awkward to me, he may get better once they've worked on the structure and have played enough games with same linemates etc but as of now I have a feeling he'll start the season at wing.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Well, Benson scored after that hit, 2-1 BUF.

Then a beautiful pass from the Buffalo zone redirected by Thompson to Krebs who streaks down the wing and shoots it past Greaves. 3-1 BUF.

A lot of our plays seem to be broken down at some point, not really flowing well yet. Some rust visible on players, Chinny for example fumbled the puck a few times in a row in the first that lead to some chances for BUF but didn't result in goal.

Edit: Lol not Chinny, #57 Elick. Some rust on my part too! :D

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Well, Benson scored after that hit, 2-1 BUF.

Then a beautiful pass from the Buffalo zone redirected by Thompson to Krebs who streaks down the wing and shoots it past Greaves. 3-1 BUF.

A lot of our plays seem to be broken down at some point, not really flowing well yet. Some rust visible on players, Chinny for example fumbled the puck a few times in a row in the first that lead to some chances for BUF but didn't result in goal.
Sorry but Chinny isn’t playing.

• Haha

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Quite good moving, I like Voronkov is faster.
There's no point in evaluating players' play, you can see they haven't played for a long time, even the structure of the game is still building.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Didn't see Buffalo's 4th but Gardner would like the 5th goal back, a good shot from the boards but the angle was pretty tight. Welcome to the NHL, I guess. 5-1 BUF.

Then 6-1 BUF on a beauty of a backhand up close. Buffalo weaving through the defense. Kinda reminds of Buffalo's game against Pittsburgh, it's not total domination but they score goals left and right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad