GDT: Running Preseason GDT | Finale | CBJ @ PIT | 7 PM EST

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Me: How the hell did the Penguins get Sebastian Aho?!?
Pittsburgh SportsNet Announcers: We got the Swedish Sebastian Aho. The Finnish one still plays for Carolina. There are TWO Sebastian Ahos.
I didn't know this!
As a fan of the Finnish one, it's been a thing for many years now. The other Aho started in New York Islanders and played five seasons for them, solidifying his position in the latter years and playing most of the season. First year in Pittsburgh now.

6-3 PIT scores again. Tarry not looking too great tonight despite some nice saves.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Okay. You guys win. Do you ever wonder why sometimes it’s like three people talking here? Because any dissent is drowned out by the same four miserable jerks. You win. I sincerely hope the team gives you what you want: the opportunity not to enjoy a single second of hockey this year or ever.
We need Jiricek to reach his ceiling. It’s okay if it takes time, I don’t want to rush it if he’s not ready.

Reactions: LJ7

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I just caught the last half of the game. They didn't look too bad considering the lineups. But I was hoping for more from Fantilli and Mateychuk. Especially on the PP, the entries with Fantilli carrying didn't work. He can dangle one on one incredibly well but the timing and support wasn't working.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Cole Clayton is a guy I haven't paid too much attention to. But he seems pretty good? Slick hands, good skater, well built. And he's an RD! Maybe Christiansen isn't so safe. It didn't seem to be Christiansen's best game (judging by the second half and the stat report). I think neither player is waiver exempt. They only have two RD if Jiricek gets sent down so there might be a lean towards Clayton?

Harris I assumed was going to make the club either way, but he looked his best of the pre-season tonight. Had the wheels going.

At forward it's going to be easier to make the club with this latest spate of injuries. I hope to see some waiver claims too. I'm not crazy about any of Gambrell, McKown, or Pyyhtia. Although I would pick Pyyhtia of the three. He's good, he's smart, just very light. There are better players getting waived around the league.

Somewhat different topic, but Cole Silinger just strung together a couple good games. He is moving well, has some quickness, and has been in on some good scoring plays. That and the other guys I'd rather have at center are injured, so keep it going kid.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Center is the least of my worries about this team. Monohan - Fantilli - Sillinger - Kuraly will work.

For me, this team will live and (mostly) die with goaltending. The young kids will make mistakes. The below average defense will make mistakes. We need someone who will reliably keep them out of the back of our net, first and foremost.

With above average goaltending, we could stay in the thick of things past Thanksgiving. With the goaltending I've seen this preseason, we're a lottery pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad