Run-off - Better Two-Way Season: Datsyuk '09 Or Gilmour '93?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which is the superior two-way season?

• Total voters

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Datsyuk has reached near-Fedorov level on the overrating scale here on the forums, but it’s Gilmour.
Maybe overall he's overrated but in this instance it's quite close and don't fault anyone for choosing one or the other.

Datsyuk' 09

4th in points
5th in PPG.
23rd in goals
3rd in hart voting
Selke winner

Gilmour' 93

7th in points
9th in PPG
58th in goals
2nd in hart voting
Selke winner

Gilmour definitely had less support. His team was 16th in GA and he outproduced the next closest teammate by 53 points.

Datsyuk's team was 1st in GA and had 24 more points than the next closest teammate.

That said, while it's pretty much a wash offensively, my inkling based on what I've read around here is that most people that watched both would give Datsyuk the edge defensively. can't say myself as I didn't watch Gilmour, but I think their selke record paints a good picture.

Last edited:

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Maybe overall he's overrated but in this instance it's quite close and don't fault anyone for choosing one or the other.

Datsyuk' 09

4th in points
5th in PPG.
23rd in goals
3rd in hart voting
Selke winner

Gilmour' 93

4th in points
9th in PPG
7th in goals
2nd in hart voting
Selke winner

Gilmour definitely had less support. His team was 16th in GA and he outproduced the next closest teammate by 53 points.

Datsyuk's team was 1st in GA and had 24 more points than the next closest teammate.

That said, while it's pretty much a wash offensively, I think most people that watched both would give Datsyuk the edge defensively (can't say myself as I didn't watch Gilmour)

Gilmour was tied for seventh in points in '93 (he was eighth in the scoring race if you use goals as a tie-breaker) and was also out of the top 20 in goals. The scoring race competition was very strong among the top ten or so scorers that year (all-time good, really) and he didn't have much to work with up front.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Gilmour was tied for seventh in points in '93 (he was eighth in the scoring race if you use goals as a tie-breaker) and was also out of the top 20 in goals. The scoring race competition was very strong among the top ten or so scorers that year (all-time good, really) and he didn't have much to work with up front.
Ah thanks, was looking at the wrong year. Edited my original post

Well, if anything that strengthens the argument for Datsyuk a bit. There's a significant goal gap (23rd vs 58th) that competition can't account for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad