Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Deadline Festivities

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Here's an idea for the draft:
If we end up out of the top 2, so probably around 4 or 5 OA.

1st rounder + Lucic + Puljujarvi + Marody + Bear + Sekera (2m retained)
For
Hall (extends with us) + Zacha

Chiasson - Mcdavid - Drai
Hall - Nuge - X
Benson - Zacha - Gagner
Khaira - Brodziak - Kassian

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russel
Jones - Bouchard/Gravel

We get a franchise player with an extension to drive the 2nd line. Already a fan fav and genuinely seemed to like Edmonton, and now that Chia and Tmac are gone he would probably be down to come back. Also get to dump 2 awful contracts.

Hall played well with Draisaitl so that's the combo I'd run with but I wouldn't do that trade.

I don't think this team is a Hall away and that's still a below average team. Weak top 9, defense and likely goaltending too.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I also think you have to look at Hall's injury history and the fact that he is already 27. Your best hockey is before aged 30 and as I recall, when someone said let's sign Lucic at age 28 there were those who said "look at the mileage and wear and tear." It turned out that those questions were poignant.

Reactions: Aerchon

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I also think you have to look at Hall's injury history and the fact that he is already 27. Your best hockey is before aged 30 and as I recall, when someone said let's sign Lucic at age 28 there were those who said "look at the mileage and wear and tear." It turned out that those questions were poignant.
The difference between Lucic and Hall is that Hall can skate. The game got faster and fighting/grit became less relevant. That has more to do with the downswing of Lucic than "wear and tear."

Look at a guy like Parise.. 34 years old having a great season. I see Hall having a similar path.

Reactions: McDrai

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Would anyone do Lucic for Kesler? Then buy out Kesler this summer?

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The difference between Lucic and Hall is that Hall can skate. The game got faster and fighting/grit became less relevant. That has more to do with the downswing of Lucic than "wear and tear."

Look at a guy like Parise.. 34 years old having a great season. I see Hall having a similar path.

What is Parise's injury history?

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Hall's not coming back. Just ridiculous for Stauffer to even throw it out there.

In saying that if Hall did come back:

RNH-Mcdavid-?
Hall-Draisaitl-?

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
This team will never learn. They're going to try to make a splash and make a rash move. We should've kept what we had and built from within from the first place. We could've had Hall and Petry for cheap but we blew it.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Are there any rumours surrounding the Oilers?
Most of what I've seen from reputable sources was just that we were setting some high prices on our players; JP and Chaisson specifically. Since then, mostly just musings lacking any real substance.

Setting high prices is to be expected (outside of the Chia regime) but if we pass the deadline and have essentially the same team, with no more prospects or picks, or a roster player for this year+, I consider it an absolute failure.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Like I said, they need to make this happen:

Gagner - McDavid - x
Hall - Drai - Cogliano
x - RNH - Yakupov

Klefbom - Petry
Sekera - Schultz

Dubnyk

Reactions: MikeGrier99

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
For Hall?

That package would go for a 5th round pick to get rid of Lucic, not Taylor Hall.

McKenzie was speculating whether the Oilers would want to attach Pulju to get rid of Lucic. A team like Ottawa will need to reach the floor.

Attach Pulji to Lucic in a trade to Ottawa?

Executive of the year for KG or whoever can pull that off!

Reactions: Oilers in NS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad