Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

We need more younger/players in the primes that play heavy and can skate. We are just too damned soft this season and it shows in this series. People are quick to say that hits and physical play doesn't matter. It most certainly does in a 6-7 game series. Vancouver has had it too easy while our top guys have had to pay the price game after game.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
An RNH+McLeod third line would be painful.

Might as well bring back Foegele too and ice the softest third line to ever play in the NHL.
Add someone like Lavoie to that line and it's a better balance. Needless to say those guys need someone that is good in the corners and can retrieve the puck.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
We need more younger/players in the primes that play heavy and can skate. We are just too damned soft this season and it shows in this series. People are quick to say that hits and physical play doesn't matter. It most certainly does in a 6-7 game series. Vancouver has had it too easy while our top guys have had to pay the price game after game.
What’s the point of getting heavier? They are already one of the bigger teams in the league. The coach has said he doesn’t believe in being physical is important.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Add someone like Lavoie to that line and it's a better balance. Needless to say those guys need someone that is good in the corners and can retrieve the puck.

I like how we have these 'black aces' but don't use them. I'm not saying Lavoie would score instantly but the kid has two previous seasons of 25G and 28G apiece down in the farm. I think he would help push the offense + he has a shoot first mentality. I don't think the Oilers have necessarily put kids like Lavoie in a spot to fully succeed either. Look at how long it took for them to play Holloway on a fricken top 6 line. Meanwhile I see how Dallas puts young kids like Stankoven in a spot to succeed by playing him with Jamie Benn on Wyatt Johnston on the 1st line. Us? Holloway was playing on the 4th line with the likes of Ryan and Janmark for a good chunk zzzzzzz...

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Heard Bob complain about the Stetcher add.

“A 4th round pick? He was traded for a 7th earlier. Cmon man (Holland)”

Dudes a shit negotiator. Always has been.
I like how any time somebody in the organization whether its the coach or GM is about to be fired/leave, the pitchforks from the oilers media start to light up. I expect to see more people in the media rip Holland after the senile old f*** is gone too.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021

Stauffer is such a tool, like my god everyone knew this. Trying to save face while blaming Holland (now that he's gone). If Holland resigned Stauffer wouldn't say a thing.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023

Stauffer is a piece of shit like the rest of our media. Says absolutely nothing for years except when he is told Holland is leaving.

Such a little beta cuck so scared he'll have to run into Holland.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019

it was done for extra depth for a drive. Oiler D has remained in tact. Both Strecher and Carrick were brought in for depth the oilers needed now. Not for 5 years from now. These are the deals teams in win now mode do

Reactions: The Nuge

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I just don't know how you don't blow this team up. Like you don't need to get rid of McDrai but like.

Nurse needs to go, trade him for Marner and then try and dump Marner on like Utah and get a guy like Schmaltz back or honestly just picks.

Do the old rumored Nuge for Ullmark. I like Nuge but he is a f***ing ghost in the playoffs.

Get a real 3c again, McLeod isn't it. He is a winger pretending to be a center.

Target guys like Demelo/Pesce/Toffoli/Debrusk as UFAs.

Just buyout Campbell.
And yet he is 1 point behind MacKinnon in points in these playoffs

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Corey Perry literally said he signed in Edmonton because his kids were McDavid fans. Connor Brown was lured by McDavid. Not saying either worked out but these boards were very excited at the time that we got these guys.
I trust you will forgive me for suggesting that if Brown and Perry are the types of players we attract that it might not be a good sign. Add to that our gm may have signed brown to one of the dumbest deals possible.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I trust you will forgive me for suggesting that if Brown and Perry are the types of players we attract that it might not be a good sign. Add to that our gm may have signed brown to one of the dumbest deals possible.

Which type of players are you hoping we'll attract with that... checks notes...$1.55m of capspace that we had this year to spend on those 2 players?

Reactions: Oilhawks

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I like how any time somebody in the organization whether its the coach or GM is about to be fired/leave, the pitchforks from the oilers media start to light up. I expect to see more people in the media rip Holland after the senile old f*** is gone too.
Bunch of sackless hacks if you ask me. Nobody has the balls to say shit while they're here, but on the way out everyone suddenly grows a backbone and starts the shit talking?

Oilers media is a f***ing joke. I hope they win it simply so I can see everyone claim Holland had nothing to do with it, and all these media hacks do another aboutface and stick his balls in their mouths.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Bunch of sackless hacks if you ask me. Nobody has the balls to say shit while they're here, but on the way out everyone suddenly grows a backbone and starts the shit talking?

Oilers media is a f***ing joke. I hope they win it simply so I can see everyone claim Holland had nothing to do with it, and all these media hacks do another aboutface and stick his balls in their mouths.

They do it every single time. Whether it was the likes of Chiarelli or Tippett as examples were defended heavily by the media here. The moment they got sacked, then that's when they proceeded to write or say stuff that was pretty much the same criticism that came from the fanbase. The weasel in Mark Spector is #1 on that shit every time.

Oilers media: Oil management/coaching can do no wrong. How dare you criticize them as a fan?! You know nothing.
Fans: We criticize them based on their performances.
-personnel gets fired-
Oilers media: According to myself and other members in the media, the personnel member got fired due to their poor performance, etc etc.
Fans: ??????????????????????????????????

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
it was done for extra depth for a drive. Oiler D has remained in tact. Both Strecher and Carrick were brought in for depth the oilers needed now. Not for 5 years from now. These are the deals teams in win now mode do

Exactly. You’re acquiring Stecher hoping you don’t have to play him. If you plan on making a long run and lose a dman, you’d much rather have Stecher than say Gleason as the guy you’re moving into the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad