Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Oh Gord, I Preferred The Silence | Seravalli: Mike Smith $2M 1YR Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Yes, Vegas traded Colin Miller who is apparently a "useful player"(even though he was a healthy scratch at points in the last half of this year) and couldn't trade him to Edmonton because we are in the same division. That's what I have read on this board. Is this false?

Your definition of "useful player" may need some tuning up or maybe re-think that inter-divisional trades happen. People on this board twist themselves into pretzels trying to defend any inaction by the Oilers.

Why would we want Miller? As you pointed out he was a healthy scratch.

Maybe you should figure what you’re trying to argue first.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Not bad honestly. Pretty comparable to when Sekera originally signed here.

Myers is not that good. That’s a lot of term and coin for him. At least they didn’t sign him for 7 mill.

I have a feeling Canucks fans are disappointed with him.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Adding futures would be stupid.

We could afford to part with two of Lagesson, Bear, or Jones. I’d assume one of them and Persson see time on the 3rd pair this year. The year after Bouchard and Samarukov should be ready too. Broberg hopefully the year after.

If we could turn Lucic into Krieder and Gagner/Russell into Spurgeon or a similar top 4 RHD then we can still sign a few UFA’s and really transform the roster.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
If the Oil sign Val, there is a good chance JP decides to stay.
I want Filppula and it has nothing to do with Jesse, that kid needs to work on his game in the worst way and I don't think the NHL is the place to do it, let him play in Europe and get better and hopefully more mentally resilient.

Filppula would be a solid add for us, add some structure to a 3rd line that badly needs it, Filppula also has been a pretty good skater through out his career, he seems like a decent bet to fend off father time a little longer than most. I'm hoping for a 2 year $2.5M AAV deal.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Why would we want Miller? As you pointed out he was a healthy scratch.

Maybe you should figure what you’re trying to argue first.

I'm trying to argue that people will defend the Oilers to any criticism on the Vegas trades by throwing out that "inter divisional trades don't happen" and it has been refuted with the Leafs/Sens trade.

You stepped in with the "useful player" nonsense. Maybe take your own advice?

North

Jun 25, 2009
We could afford to part with two of Lagesson, Bear, or Jones. I’d assume one of them and Persson see time on the 3rd pair this year. The year after Bouchard and Samarukov should be ready too. Broberg hopefully the year after.

If we could turn Lucic into Krieder and Gagner/Russell into Spurgeon or a similar top 4 RHD then we can still sign a few UFA’s and really transform the roster.

No we really can’t. We need those guys to come in so we can actually start trading from a position of strength.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I'm trying to argue that people will defend the Oilers to any criticism on the Vegas trades by throwing out that "inter divisional trades don't happen" and it has been refuted with the Leafs/Sens trade.

You stepped in with the "useful player" nonsense. Maybe take your own advice?

It’s not nonsense.

Your posts are just more complaining without having a logical argument.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
There's some rule because he missed so much time last year that he's allowed performance bonuses.
yep you’re right
  1. The player has signed a one-year contract after returning from a long-term injury (has played 400 or more games, and spent 100 or more days on the Injured Reserve in the last year of their most recent contract).

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
It’s not nonsense.

Your post as are just more complaining without having a logical argument.

Complaining? Show me which part of my original post was wrong. You created a strawman because you're not smart enough to comment on what I originally stated lol.

North

Jun 25, 2009
He's a good 4 who can pass as a 3. Sekera was a 3. Not a huge difference between the two, and only 5 years is pretty good on term.

I had a hard time even considering a raise for him. He’s okay but 5 years at 6 per is iffy for me.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If we end up with something like this after tomorrow then I'm perfectly happy with it because it's a lot better than what we had today

Kassian - Mcdavid - Drai
Benson - Nuge - Nyquist
Nygard - Filp - Ritchie/Pulju
Khaira - 4c - Lucic/PTO

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
If we end up with something like this after tomorrow then I'm perfectly happy with it because it's a lot better than what we had today

Kassian - Mcdavid - Drai
Benson - Nuge - Nyquist
Nygard - Filp - Ritchie/Pulju
Khaira - 4c - Lucic/PTO
Why does everyone have kassian there we have a new coach and GM.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Complaining? Show me which part of my original post was wrong. You created a strawman because you're not smart enough to comment on what I originally stated lol.

What straw man? Your straw man about people defending the Oilers?

You are complaining about in division trades. This one is a cap dump for a useless player.

The Oilers can’t take on cap dumps so your Miller comment made no sense.

Haula was a useful cap clearing that Vegas wouldn’t trade in division.

You are the one not responding to actual logic.

Your posts are coming off as bitter because wah wah the Oilers aren’t making in division trades. See ONE is going to happen and that proves they happen all the time! Wah wah.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
What straw man? Your straw man about people defending the Oilers?

You are complaining about in division trades. This one is a cap dump for a useless player.

The Oilers can’t take on cap dumps so your Miller comment made no sense.

Haula was a useful cap clearing that Vegas wouldn’t trade in division.

You are the one not responding to actual logic.

Your posts are coming off as bitter because wah wah the Oilers aren’t making in division trades. See ONE is going to happen and that proves they happen all the time! Wah wah.

Yes, people say that inter-divisional trades don't happen. None of the rest was mentioned by me and then you created the STRAW MAN argument because you're not smart enough to agree that inter-divisional trades do indeed happen.

My guess is you're tired or a moron. You pick lol.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Yes, people say that inter-divisional trades don't happen. None of the rest was mentioned by me and then you created the STRAW MAN argument because you're not smart enough to agree that inter-divisional trades do indeed happen.

My guess is you're tired or a moron. You pick lol.

Who’s the one not smart enough to argue. You are the one resorting to personal attacks. I simply said your posts sounded bitter.

You’ve proven to be useless to discuss anything with since you like resorting to calling me names.

If you want to have a real discussion let me know.

But if you want to keep sounding like a jerk talk to someone else.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Who’s the one not smart enough to argue. You are the one resorting to personal attacks. I simply said your posts sounded bitter.

You’ve proven to be useless to discuss anything with since you like resorting to calling me names.

If you want to have a real discussion let me know.

But if you want to keep sounding like a jerk talk to someone else.

Haha, ok. So, do trades in the division happen or not? You still haven't answered the question so my original assessment of you seems to be on point.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Haha, ok. So, do trades in the division happen or not? You still haven't answered the question so my original assessment of you seems t0 be on point.

If you can’t understand context for some in division trades I can’t help you.

You’re no where near a point. You just want argue for the sake of arguing and then start name calling when people disagree.

I don’t have any more time for people who resort to sealioning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad