Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Anotha' One

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yeah, to be fair Stauffer was also banging the Ty Smith drum pretty hard last year IIRC.

But on the other hand, I tend to view Rishaug as a lot more connected than Gregor.

Keep in mind that Stauffer was beating the Smith drum assuming that Bouchard, Dobson and Wahlstrom were gone not too different than what he's saying about Dach, Byram and Zegras this year.

That's what I thought about Rishaug, he has always came across to me as the most plugged in local media guy. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol and oXo Cube

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Proposal from Caps, Burakovsky (McDavid's old line mate at Erie) and LD Christian Djoos for Puljujarvi and Benning.
Djoos does literally nothing for us as a mediocre 3rd pair LD. We're stacked with good LD in the system and pretty strong on the NHL roster.

Burakovsky has next to no value with his over 3m qualifying offer. We'll just sign him when the Caps don't qualify him.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Keep in mind, Gregor and Nielson both have been on record to say Holland is way more open to chatting with them then Chia ever was, so good chance they might know something more than what Stauffer and Rishaug know. I wouldn't discount Gregor or Nielson as much as people used to. They have broken things recently.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Neilsen seems to think Broberg info could just be smoke and mirrors.

Don't know that I agree with moving JP for a third liner. A decent 3c maybe, or a younger player who is a third liner sure. Just not some 30 year old third liner who will be a 4th liner at season end.

Reactions: 780il

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Has to be a 1 year deal for Perry at less than $3M IMO. Not sure about his skating an injury history though.
His compete level is just so high...it would be nice for some younger Oilers players to experience that.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
2x1.5. He'd pot 20 goals playing with Connor and Leon. Vet guy that can bring leadership and his pest ability.
He hasn't been able to pot 20 stapled to the hip of Ryan Getzlaf, one of the premier passers in the league, for 3 seasons now. He can't keep up.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Perry to Buffalo is my guess.

I'd give him a shot at one year one mil. Maybe even 1.5mil, but I really don't think he's much of a solution. I'd just be bringing him in for that character guy more than anything.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Keep in mind that Stauffer was beating the Smith drum assuming that Bouchard, Dobson and Wahlstrom were gone not too different than what he's saying about Dach, Byram and Zegras this year.

That's what I thought about Rishaug, he has always came across to me as the most plugged in local media guy. I guess we'll see.
Stauffer changing his tune..

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
If Boldy is gone before 8, trade down with Vancouver to take Broberg at 10.
Lucic, Benning +8 for Erickson +10
That's a gross overpayment. Lucic for Erickson straight across...switch picks if you must, but not Benning too unless something is coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad