Rumours about which prospects your team likes

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yak has iffy skating, iffy IQ, offensive D who will never get PP time in Buffalo thus negating his greatest value immediately.

You see 6’3 and RD and think he’s a fit.

He’s not a strong defender. Bad against the rush. Doesnt use his teammates…just carry puck and shoot…and then do a poor job covering on the way back.

I hate the fit for Buffalo. And i don’t think he’s the kind of player you seem to think he is. Certainly not one that makes sense paired with Dahlin, Power or Byram. So where is he playing?
Yak is good in his own end, and hard to play against.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yak is good in his own end, and hard to play against.

He is all of that, but outside of D zone starts it's hard to deploy Yakemchuk as a shutdown D-man because he gets walked on the rush. With his back skating and pivots, that issue might persist.

I don't think a team can take him if they don't have plans for him to QB the PP someday, that's where a lot of the value is.

Zayne Parekh has that same issue.

If Parekh and Yakemchuk are on the board at 10, they are very likely still on the board at 12, because New Jersey and Buffalo don't have room for more young D. Certainly not room for more offensive young D.

If Iginla and Sennecke aren't available, and if those clubs don't trade the pick, I'd expect them to go for a strong forward like Brandsegg-Nygard.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Toronto

Cole Beaudoin - has been shown "extra attention all year," met execs
Stian Solberg - met execs
Matvei Gridin - "they have been asking more questions about him than other teams"
Andrew Basha - rumoured

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto

Cole Beaudoin - has been shown "extra attention all year," met execs
Stian Solberg - met execs
Matvei Gridin - "they have been asking more questions about him than other teams"
Andrew Basha - rumoured
I'm really hoping we go with Beaudoin. He seems to have such a strong on ice awareness and work ethic

lavidaloca89

Jun 27, 2024
I think Toronto may go Ben Danford.

Treliving was at a lot of Generals games last year. There were only 4 players he would've likely been scouting which were Sennecke (will go way too early in the draft), Danford (expected early second rounder), Marelli (3rd rounder maybe) and Punnett (OA) but signed with Dallas.

Guys like Danford have 0 chance of being around in the 4th round and I'd be surprised if he attended several games to scout for his 4th round draft pick.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Scott Wheeler has heard some rumours about it from the scouts.

"But the one name I’ve had tossed around twice now in the final hours with the Ducks is Beckett Sennecke. I believe Sennecke’s firmly in the mix starting there and I think the Ducks are considering him."

Reactions: coooldude

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
I think Toronto may go Ben Danford.

Treliving was at a lot of Generals games last year. There were only 4 players he would've likely been scouting which were Sennecke (will go way too early in the draft), Danford (expected early second rounder), Marelli (3rd rounder maybe) and Punnett (OA) but signed with Dallas.

Guys like Danford have 0 chance of being around in the 4th round and I'd be surprised if he attended several games to scout for his 4th round draft pick.
Consider the hat tipped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad