Rumours about which prospects your team likes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Yeah, if Lindstrom is gone the Habs are going to take Buium.

Enjoy the biggest melt down by a fan base ever seen. The Reinbacher over Leonard/Michkov thing will pale in comparison. This will be an all-timer.
I'm not so sure it's a slam dunk we take Buium if Lindstrom isnt available, but personally I'd be pretty happy.

Buium is just so nasty. We can figure out the logjam at LD later. We'll still be able to get our forwards with all this ammunition on D

Reactions: Habsrule

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
And this makes them not the Atlanta Thrashers?
Given that Atlanta made the playoffs once and didn’t win a game, drafted in the top 5 more times (including Flyers winning the lottery) and top 10 more times, I’d say the Thrashers are definitely worse than the Flyers have been from 2014-2024

Reactions: majormajor

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Given that Atlanta made the playoffs once and didn’t win a game, drafted in the top 5 more times (including Flyers winning the lottery) and top 10 more times, I’d say the Thrashers are definitely worse than the Flyers have been from 2014-2024
They haven't won a playoff round since 2011 and the only 2 top 5 picks they've had, cutter, demanded a trade, and Nolan, played less than a full season before retiring because of concussion issues. And the Nolan pick they got insanely lucky to move up like 13 spots to get him.

You're right they aren't Atlanta. I'd rather have the top 5 and 10 draft picks. Instead we have mediocrity year in year out with nothing to show for it

Reactions: FlyguyOX

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
I'm not so sure it's a slam dunk we take Buium if Lindstrom isnt available, but personally I'd be pretty happy.

Buium is just so nasty. We can figure out the logjam at LD later. We'll still be able to get our forwards with all this ammunition on D

Horrible idea. We've seen this season that the whole BPA concept only works if you can get value for your surplus stock. Right now we can't even get like a 3rd or 4th for Harris, Struble or Barron. We are boned. Who do we unload from Matheson, Guhle, Hutson or Xhekaj on our Left side? We'll be getting pennies on the dollar for our guys because everyone will know we don't have space for our boys and we'll need to put some very good guys on Waivers. Also don't say leave Guhle on the Right, that's sub-optimal for the kid's development.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would be surprised if BUF takes Catton, but i guess it depends on who is available. Another small, slight player is not what the doctor ordered for them, I don't care how many points he scored in the CHL. If Yak is there they need to take him(big, physical, RHD, early Bday), or one of Sennecke, Iginla, or Helenius(solid, smart player, thick and athletic, already playing with men).

Leave Catton and Parekh, for all their talent, to other teams.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Ron Francis keeps his cards close to his vest. So I haven't heard any rumours about who we are taking at #8. In three first round and eight second round picks so far in our existence, Francis has only drafted two defensemen, Ryker Evans, #35 in 2021, who is working out just fine, and Lukas Dragicevic at #58 last year, who is at least a couple of years away. Most of us on the Seattle board are assuming he is going to pick a defenseman in the first round. I mean, yeah, he pretty much has to, right? I wouldn't count on it. Nobody is betting the farm on it either. Partly because of ownership pressure to win now, the feeling is he is looking at a safe pick, someone like Dickinson, if he falls, or Helenius, if he falls, someone who can contribute sooner rather than later. A lot of us on the board are hoping for Buium, but I doubt he is available when our pick rolls around. If he was available and Francis didn't pick him, I wouldn't want to be the glass of scotch in my hand, nor the nearest wall.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Ron Francis keeps his cards close to his vest. So I haven't heard any rumours about who we are taking at #8. In three first round and eight second round picks so far in our existence, Francis has only drafted two defensemen, Ryker Evans, #35 in 2021, who is working out just fine, and Lukas Dragicevic at #58 last year, who is at least a couple of years away. Most of us on the Seattle board are assuming he is going to pick a defenseman in the first round. I mean, yeah, he pretty much has to, right? I wouldn't count on it. Nobody is betting the farm on it either. Partly because of ownership pressure to win now, the feeling is he is looking at a safe pick, someone like Dickinson, if he falls, or Helenius, if he falls, someone who can contribute sooner rather than later. A lot of us on the board are hoping for Buium, but I doubt he is available when our pick rolls around. If he was available and Francis didn't pick him, I wouldn't want to be the glass of scotch in my hand, nor the nearest wall.
I could see Buium land with Ottawa or Seattle

Lots of rumors that the Habs love him but I think they end up taking a forward and Arizona must look at the possibility of tagging Parekh with Simashev eventually and just drool

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Horrible idea. We've seen this season that the whole BPA concept only works if you can get value for your surplus stock. Right now we can't even get like a 3rd or 4th for Harris, Struble or Barron. We are boned. Who do we unload from Matheson, Guhle, Hutson or Xhekaj on our Left side? We'll be getting pennies on the dollar for our guys because everyone will know we don't have space for our boys and we'll need to put some very good guys on Waivers. Also don't say leave Guhle on the Right, that's sub-optimal for the kid's development.
I don't think it's a horrible idea at all, IF they decide to go this route.

Habs were never going to get all that much for Harris, Barron, etc. those guys are throw ins for bigger deals. And I disagree big time in you saying we can't even get a 4th for these players. I'm sure you're exaggerating right?

Others that would be traded like Xhekaj, Guhle & Hutson have more value. Matheson is not in long term plans for Habs so count him out too.

Honestly if I were the Habs and we drafted Buium, I would trade Hutson after we showcase him some more.

We also don't have to make this trade right away. We can afford to wait at least one more year. Plenty of time to work something out without having to be strong armed by other GMs

Reactions: samsagat

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
The Michkov situation will alleviate "the Russian factor" a bit, I think.

As it has shown that KHL contracts aren't set into stones.

It's possible to manage things in order to get the player out earlier, and the supposed "danger" about the Russian authorities pressurizing local players to prolonge their stay seems to be more of an "urban legend" than anything else.

Furthermore, Demidov's and Silayev's contracts have 1 and 2 years left respectively, instead of 3 for Michkov.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Actually, rumors for Habs are:

Demidov or Lindstrom (Lindstrom seems to be their favorite if both are available).

Then if both are gone, Buium.

If those 3 are gone, Sennecke (I really hope not, not at 5th overall).

sportsvg

Dec 24, 2014
Ontario
Don't think Dickinson makes it past Ottawa if he's still there.

Assume Boston likes Colin Ralph at 25

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I would be surprised if BUF takes Catton, but i guess it depends on who is available. Another small, slight player is not what the doctor ordered for them, I don't care how many points he scored in the CHL. If Yak is there they need to take him(big, physical, RHD, early Bday), or one of Sennecke, Iginla, or Helenius(solid, smart player, thick and athletic, already playing with men).

Leave Catton and Parekh, for all their talent, to other teams.
Yak has iffy skating, iffy IQ, offensive D who will never get PP time in Buffalo thus negating his greatest value immediately.

You see 6’3 and RD and think he’s a fit.

He’s not a strong defender. Bad against the rush. Doesnt use his teammates…just carry puck and shoot…and then do a poor job covering on the way back.

I hate the fit for Buffalo. And i don’t think he’s the kind of player you seem to think he is. Certainly not one that makes sense paired with Dahlin, Power or Byram. So where is he playing?

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Saw somewhere Tod Button said the Flames have 7D and 5F they’d look at for #9. Best guess as to who those are.

Pretty broad but that’s the best I’ve got

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad