Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022

I hope Alvin goes into panic mode and goes full Biden
261.jpg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
You are a fan of skinner. Campbell’s worst regular season is better than Skinner’s playoff numbers. Campbell had better numbers than Skinner when he was sent down. Did you say the same thing about Skinner this playoffs?
How can you even compare the two after this playoff run and the last two regular seasons for that matter?

Buying him out is so shortsighted
How else do you propose that they rid of the contract?

Last edited:

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
This is from Oilernation yesterday.

“I loved coming here and having the opportunity to chase the Cup and play with the guys here,” Henrique said. “I felt like I fit in great with the group, so I think for me, anything’s on the table and we just wait until this weekend or next week to get things sorted.

“I think there’s a price for winning. Being on a team like Edmonton that’s so close, and year after year now, the Stanley Cup is the goal for me coming in. It kind of renews the passion for the game a bit. I haven’t had the opportunity to be in the playoffs for a long time and have that opportunity to win,” Henrique added. “Certainly, I don’t think money is the number one thing for me at this point in my career.”

Sounds to me like he has an appetite to stay.......

That is just somebody saying what they know the reporter wants to hear. Nobody is going to come out and say "of course I'm not going to give up $2M/year to be on a winning team, I'm not stupid!"

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We have 3 top 6 wingers in RNH, Hyman and Kane. Younger guys like Holloway and Lavoie should get some looks in the top 6 and as I mentioned they can look into other guys who might come cheaper for a chance to play in our top 6, maybe guys like Arvidsson, Olafsson, Toffoli, Mantha, Barabanov, Duclair. There’s quite a few of those mid range options I’m sure one out there would take a haircut to come here for a chance to win a cup, rebuild value or both.

If Connor and Leon are two of the best in the world and they already have guys like Nuge, Hyman, Kane as options then that group should be able to elevate one or two younger players or mid range FA middle 6 kind of guy. If two guys are eating up 21M of the cap then I think it’s a reasonable expectation that they both shouldnt need to be flanked on both sides by 5M+ wingers.
I think the issue is with his injuries, is Kane even a top 6 winger anymore?
These playoffs we had 2 and that was it. I’d rather grab one so we actually have 6 top 6 players so then the young guys can move up due to injuries, not go into the season a man down.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Time to ice the buy outs/termination:

Duchene-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Drai-Atkinson
Holloway-RNH-Kane
Janmark-Henrique-Brown

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think the issue is with his injuries, is Kane even a top 6 winger anymore?
These playoffs we had 2 and that was it. I’d rather grab one so we actually have 6 top 6 players so then the young guys can move up due to injuries, not go into the season a man down.
I know it will never happen, but it would be so nice if Nuge could figure out how to play centre again, and we grabbed two wingers for Drai. Maybe Kane and Nuge could be a third line that could actually score a goal once in a while. Unfortunately I'm not sure Nuge is that kind of player anymore.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
They aren't a planet. They are a black hole where everyone and thing goes to die. There no escape once you get the Flames stench on you.
They are less than that
Calgary is nothing but space junk large enough to generate its own gravitational pull attracting other junk into orbit just to be burned up in the atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad