Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Leon, WE think that YOU would have to be STUPID not to extend in EDMONTON. I mean what kind of IDIOT would think of going to market?
They probably just ignore Spector and laugh their ass off afterwards about his idiotic questions.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I just couldn’t think of a productive word. I try not to feed the trolls with too much inflammatory language.

I more just shake my head and wonder why they don’t have anything better to do …
I’d like to inflammatory the shit of these fake ass posters with nothing better to do with their lives. But alas, infractions lol.

Reactions: Ibanez

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Skinner is a guy you use for empty offense. He's a volume shooter with a high success rate. He's the guy you strap to Draisaitl and watch him score 40. But that line would give up a lot of goals against, too. Ralph Krueger tried your approach with Skinner and it essentially got him fired.

That being said, Skinner is going to have league interest if he's bought out. And he'll have a pretty high cap hit in all likelihood.
To me Skinner is this years Duchene and if he'd come in cheap I don't know why you wouldn't explore that.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
To me Skinner is this years Duchene and if he'd come in cheap I don't know why you wouldn't explore that.
I’d take him all day long at the right price. The offensive talent is undeniable. Don’t know if he plays the game the right way though. Oilers will have to do their homework.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Just curious, were you an Oilers fan too? Your username is familiar, but I could be wrong
Im in some ways am still an Oiler fan, just not when the Leafs play the Oilers. My family wont accept me back on the bandwagon yet. :DD:DD I've enjoyed a 30 year rivalry with my family and friends.

Flew to Phoenix just before covid shut things down to watch Oilers get shutout against the Yotes with some friends, was the game after the big Smith-Talbot fight.

You seemed to like a lot of posts I made in the main boards during the playoff games must be how my name is familiar.

Reactions: Oilhawks

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Bouchard should not be a priority this summer, they can wait until next. Don't make the same mistake they made with Nurse.

Spector might be becoming a unifying force in the room. They probably all have a laugh making fun of, and mocking him now. It's probably bonding for them.
Oh yeah this happened big time during the why are you so pissy? fiasco. Even Connor has shown animosity to Spec and Connor doesn’t show anything. Now it’s a locker room joke no doubt.

Ok not sure how it multi quoted so I guess I’ll chime in on Evan. We have waited decades to find someone of his talents. He is one of the biggest cogs on this team at present. Lock him up NOW.

Reactions: Wreckus and oobga

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think he’s as good as gone. Stauffer alluded to a surprise move yesterday, I thought it might be Nurse. I think Nurse has asked for a trade in fact. Pretty telling he wasn’t at the presser today. Reading this (haven’t listened to his podcast yet) that Stauffer has made it public means it’s happening.
There's no way this is happening. Stauffer likes to stir shit up and gets a lot more wrong than right nowadays.

If it does happen, I'll change my avatar to anything of your choice. Just be gentle on me if it does happen ;)

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Just curious, were you an Oilers fan too? Your username is familiar, but I could be wrong
There was a ‘snipes’ on this board but the user must have changed names or abandoned ship.

I think he’s as good as gone. Stauffer alluded to a surprise move yesterday, I thought it might be Nurse. I think Nurse has asked for a trade in fact. Pretty telling he wasn’t at the presser today. Reading this (haven’t listened to his podcast yet) that Stauffer has made it public means it’s happening.
Thank f***.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It is hard to envision a potential Nurse trade.

His contract is just so bad.

Oilers can’t retain too much because they need the cap to replace him.

All this could’ve been avoided if he wasn’t so greedy. If he signed for 7.5M the amount of criticism would be a lot lower and they may have won a Cup by now.

And before the “players have the right to ask for what they want, it’s up to the GM to negotiate them down” comments … yes, that’s true, but it doesn’t mean you HAVE to ask for the moon.

Case in point right on our team: RNH. Coming off a career year like Nurse did he could’ve easily asked for 7M. He settled for 5 because he’s loyal and understands the cap.

Last edited:

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
That would be a dream

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
It is hard to envision a potential Nurse trade.

His contract is just so bad.

Oilers can’t retain too much because they need the cap to replace him.

All this could’ve been avoided if he wasn’t so greedy. If he signed for 7.5M the amount of criticism would be a lot lower and they may have won a Cup by now.
Then kiss Bouchard goodbye

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He has one of the most important assets for a C and that is skating ability. He was almost 51% on the dot this year, he’s excellent positionally and has a great defensive stick, a great pk’er, he’s improved his goal and point totals in each of his 3 seasons.

I wouldn’t write him off as a 3C and while I wouldn’t be against upgrading him with a more veteran player that shouldn’t be a priority. Having versatile players like him is so valuable, it’s why they targeted Henrique and they moved both those guys between C and W.
He has failed as a 3c in back to back years. As a 4c sure he is fine.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad