Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
That’s true but he doesn’t have the strength, faceoff ability or really anything else to excel at center. He utilizes his speed much better when he is on the wing
He has one of the most important assets for a C and that is skating ability. He was almost 51% on the dot this year, he’s excellent positionally and has a great defensive stick, a great pk’er, he’s improved his goal and point totals in each of his 3 seasons.

I wouldn’t write him off as a 3C and while I wouldn’t be against upgrading him with a more veteran player that shouldn’t be a priority. Having versatile players like him is so valuable, it’s why they targeted Henrique and they moved both those guys between C and W.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Not looking good on the Leon Draisaitl front. The love of his life wants to be in Los Angeles and I don't blame her. Hard decision to be made.

That interview was pretty gut wrenching as a fan.
I….i have no words….

Admittedly it feels like you just troll night after night.

I don’t get it. Why?

Nothing about this is a fair assessment

Weird take IMO

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It's nice to hear that Foegele wants to be back, but I think the fundamental flaw in his game is he seems top heavy and easy to knock over for someone his size, if he trained with Andy O'Brian (MacKinnon & Crosby's trainer) in the summer I'd be all for bringing him back, without improved balance and center of gravity I just see what happened these playoffs repeating.

For people wanting Jeff Skinner in the top 6, I see him more as a Foegele replacement (2nd/3rd line tweener), he's got top 6 talent and could likely put in above the curve top 6 offense playing with McDavid or Drai, but the flaws make him not someone you want to force into a prominent roll, I'd rather play him lower and slide him up or down based on the circumstances of the game.
Skinner is a guy you use for empty offense. He's a volume shooter with a high success rate. He's the guy you strap to Draisaitl and watch him score 40. But that line would give up a lot of goals against, too. Ralph Krueger tried your approach with Skinner and it essentially got him fired.

That being said, Skinner is going to have league interest if he's bought out. And he'll have a pretty high cap hit in all likelihood.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Bouchard can't be the only guy on the team making stretch passes. Poor Bouchard was llaying like 25-30 minutes in the playoffs trying to get McDavid the puck. I think Carrier or Walker would be nice options to pair with Nurse.
I wish I could say what works with Nurse… seems like nothing ever does though. Nurse is kinda just hard to play with, doesn’t make the expected play, makes the dumber play instead leaving his partners confused. I do think that puck movement showed its worth agains the Cats. We will continue doing well prioritizing getting the picks quickly up and out for our forwards to work their magic. Yeh Carrier and Walker should still be on the radar if that’s what we are after. I did see lots of value of being big on the D side too though. Is there a UFA defenceman that can bring size as well as improved puck movement?

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
God damn. So essentially they paid a 2nd to dump 4.75Mx2.

The 4th and Lafferty essentially cancels eachother out value wise.

We paid 2nd and 3rd to dump 3.25Mx2 in Kassian. But I guess flat cap is becoming less of a thing nowadays. And Kassian proved to be close to useless, whereas Mikeyhev can still play a viable NHL game.
I don't know why teams help that atrocious contract out

Reactions: Sanchez

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Flames, Leafs, Canucks?

Or is it Kings?

And I don’t mean Leon
Lol. Ill add it could be be possibly Boston too actually, with all the pathetic Leon narrative shaping he’s trying to do.

I….i have no words….

Admittedly it feels like you just troll night after night.

I don’t get it. Why?

Nothing about this is a fair assessment

Weird take IMO
You’re a nice guy calling it weird. DISINGENUOUS would be the word i put on it.

Reactions: TB12 and oobga

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He has one of the most important assets for a C and that is skating ability. He was almost 51% on the dot this year, he’s excellent positionally and has a great defensive stick, a great pk’er, he’s improved his goal and point totals in each of his 3 seasons.

I wouldn’t write him off as a 3C and while I wouldn’t be against upgrading him with a more veteran player that shouldn’t be a priority. Having versatile players like him is so valuable, it’s why they targeted Henrique and they moved both those guys between C and W.
Agreed.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Ok so nurse didn’t show up today? I think he is sick of the attention honestly. Utah is looking for a top pairing dman.

I think Jackson is gonna do some dirty work before hiring a new GM potentially. Buyout Campbell, trade Nurse and maybe more. New GM comes in later, doesn’t have to start their job making tough choices.

Edit: people aren’t taking about Bouchard extending very much at all. I guarantee this is a big priority for Jackson. Nurse is gone, can’t have both.
Bouchard should not be a priority this summer, they can wait until next. Don't make the same mistake they made with Nurse.

Reactions: BarDownBobo

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Lol. Ill add it could be be possibly Boston too actually, with all the pathetic Leon narrative shaping he’s trying to do.

You’re a nice guy calling it weird. DISINGENUOUS would be the word i put on it.
I just couldn’t think of a productive word. I try not to feed the trolls with too much inflammatory language.

I more just shake my head and wonder why they don’t have anything better to do …

Reactions: TB12

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
There is a difference between news/rumors and hockey opinions.

I’m sure Rishaug knows a lot about what’s going on with the Oilers. He’s been on the beat forever.
True but what he's doing on the podcast is just creating discussions lol. He has to since there isn't much to talk about until July 1st. Good on him for making them entertaining still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad