Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Vegas Claims Raph Lavoie off Waivers, Everyone Else Cleared

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
It's kind of crazy the amount of young players we have lost from our team this summer. Whether these guys will be any good is still to be determined.. but losing this much youth can't be good. Soemthing's gotta change here about our drafting and developement for the future.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Problems all around.
Worst goaltending duo, worst defense group, slow bottom 6 and J.Skinner hasn't looked good at all.
Mix in No cap space. Draft picks and sad management decisions.

Let's see how far McD can take us this year. Bottom 5 team without him.

I don’t think it’s that much doom and gloom. I figure 2nd in the division but we’ll look really good after the TDL.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
OILERS ARE GOING TO REGRET WAIVING LAVOIE WTF WERE THEY THINKING???
giphy (3).gif

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I’m torn on the forward group. Seeing Janmark in the top 6 is super yuck.
If Skinner doesn’t look good our forward group is worse.
So much missing youth we can’t handle any of our signings sucking.

Reactions: Porkleaker

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Personally I’m shocked that Vegas claimed Lavoie, they must be very desperate for wingers. I just assumed he’d clear cause there’s lots of tweeners like him all over the league.

Lavoie is the same player he’s always been since going pro: Big, skilled with a great shot, but can’t skate at the NHL level.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Every now and then I see a player and I think this player will be x y z. A great goal scorer, a stater, or a superb bottom 6 checker. Just as examples. I look at their trajectory and development and it just seems obvious.

Now I am NOT saying I am right even 50% of the time. I also am NOT saying Lavoie is a shoe in as anything significant.

But I see Lavioe as being a great bottom 6 checker at the worst that can score and his development supports that. I see an NHL player as early as this year but I expect him to kick around the league for at least a few years.

That the low end. I think Lavioe could also end up a solid middle 6 winger able to score 20+ in good circumstances.

I.was surprised he made it through last year. There was chatter he was likely going to picked up even then. This year I would have been shocked if he wasn't taken.

Oilers management is not valuing youth and growth at all. Despite it being a solid factor in our amazing run last year. Losing Lavoie under these circumstances with our prospect pool is bad. Not omfg terrible, but bad.

I don't understand it.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Every team has multiple lavoies though lol I hope he takes off just to stick it to the dummies who decided and ancient perry was needed more Ethan a young scorer.

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
The pacific is so bad I think they still get in. They aren’t very good though.
Definitely didn't impress in the second half of last season, I feel like they've peaked with that core

Pretty sure Vegas will be there. Players still want to sign there. Their organization is focused on the future.
Maybe, they had a brutal second half last season though and I really feel that their core has peaked

Reactions: Oilslick941611

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Surprised he made it past Montreal.
Same was said last year, although I'm more surprised one of the bottom teams didn't take Lavoie. Although the guy really didn't do a lot this past year to drive his stock up from last year when he cleared waivers

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Personally I’m shocked that Vegas claimed Lavoie, they must be very desperate for wingers. I just assumed he’d clear cause there’s lots of tweeners like him all over the league.

Lavoie is the same player he’s always been since going pro: Big, skilled with a great shot, but can’t skate at the NHL level.

Vegas traded a player who played 4th line and was cheap who could score in Paul Cotter. Perhaps they see him as a potential Cotter replacement.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Smart move by Vegas.

A big, young, snarly goal scorer who is proven at the pro level.

One year contract at league minimum wage.

I'm happy for the player--he gets a new lease on life. I hope he does very well in his new colors.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
We'll probably have to add some depth forwards at the deadline. We essentially have zero reliable callup options if there's even 1 injury at forward.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
We'll probably have to add some depth forwards at the deadline. We essentially have zero reliable callup options if there's even 1 injury at forward.

Again, this is why it was silly not to sign Hoffman. Maybe they do it now with Lavoie claimed because we have less than zero depth now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad