Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Vegas Claim & Somehow Assign Lavoie to Farm... because Oilers.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Of all the youth we lost the only one that bothers me is Holloway and is the only one that I think if we were more aggressive with contract negotiations we might of been able to do sooner and even matching the offer sheet wouldn't of bothered me.

Broberg I can't complain about, the kid seemingly really didn't want to be here, him + his agent + Armstrong forced his way out with an offer sheet we couldn't realistically match and talk about signing him sooner is stupid, if he didn't want to sign there isn't much we can do about it, people act like you don't need 2 willing parties to get a deal done. I view this similarly to how Marino, Schultz, Fox forced their way out to a team of their choosing, only Broberg got it done through the much less common offer sheet (and on the brightside we got more in return for him than CGY did for Fox).

I don't care about losing Bourgault, I never truly believed in him and his AHL scoring rates particular for an undersized player gave a pretty strong indication he was very unlikely to amount to much, I'm not a big Jarventie fan, but he is a lot closer to being NHL ready.

Lavoie is a depth forward, we are the only fanbase I know of who complains about losing a depth forward while being a serious Stanley Cup contender.

People can bitch about our scouting, but I don't see anything wrong with how Jeff Jackson handled these 4. If anything is to be learned from this I think it is merely to match the ruthlessness that other teams are coming at us with and don't be afraid of unconventional means to improve the team.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad