Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022

Not particularly familiar with the Podcast, but it's followed by Stauffer so I'm assuming this is legit.
kane.JPG

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Not particularly familiar with the Podcast, but it's followed by Stauffer so I'm assuming this is legit.
This would be best case scenario imo. No LTIR for Kane and healthy to run our full forward group from the start of the season for best chance at top spot in the West.

Dump Ceci and re-sign Broberg and Holloway cheap. Opens up around 2 mil cap space with a 22 man roster. Stetcher can handle 3rd pairing minutes, there's no reason to think he can't and in regular season his puck moving is going to be of high value to this forward group.

2mil at the deadline allows you to add 8M cap hit. With 50% retention you can add double that. Thats enough to add a top 4 rental D and a top 6 forward or goalie if you want to.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Well you can't trade an injured player so maybe that's part of his strategy here.

Friedman Kypreos etc went public with the bad blood between him and the org so Iam sure there is something going on behind the scenes.

You can trade an injured player. Eichel needed neck surgery that Buffalo wouldn’t authorize which is why he was traded to Vegas. You can’t buy out an injured player which is maybe what your thinking of?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Easy to find a 4c at the deadline. Don’t think it is a problem if we are short the ideal one at the start of the season. It is worth it to have a second line that is a first line on most other teams and the best third line in hockey
Or just run Nuge back at centre and you can run a top 6 and two 3rd lines. One being a scoring 3rd line and the other a shutdown 3rd line.

If we look at 5v5 numbers Skinner and Arvidsson both have better numbers than Nuge. I'd like to see Holloway get a chance with Drai to give him 2 speedy wingers. That's always been the type that Drai plays best with. Nuge in the bottom 6 maximizes what he's really good at which is special teams, so reduce his 5v5 minutes and let him get a lot of his minutes from PP and PK.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Absolutely no to trading Kane. If he is healthy and ready to play, you 100% keep him. They added smaller players in Skinner and Arvidson, now people want the only tough forward gone in Kane.

Can you imagine Kane playing against us? No one would touch him.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
The only negative with the McLeod trade is I just don’t see a reliable fourth line. I cant see this team running McDavid/Draisaitl/Henrique/RNH down the middle nor do I think they should.

I don’t want to see Ryan running the fourth line. I think Holloway is probably better as a winger. Hopefully Jackson finds another center.

Yeah the 4th line isn't going to be great in the regular season I don't think. McLeod at 4 C would have been great. However, a 4C at the TDL isn't exactly a hard thing to pull off. Can usually get them for 3rd round picks.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Well you can't trade an injured player so maybe that's part of his strategy here.

Friedman Kypreos etc went public with the bad blood between him and the org so Iam sure there is something going on behind the scenes.
When did they go public with the bad blood and what did they say exactly?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The only negative with the McLeod trade is I just don’t see a reliable fourth line. I cant see this team running McDavid/Draisaitl/Henrique/RNH down the middle nor do I think they should.

I don’t want to see Ryan running the fourth line. I think Holloway is probably better as a winger. Hopefully Jackson finds another center.
But why not?

If Kane's healthy you have 3 top 9 LWers in Skinner, Kane, Holloway and 2 top 9 RWers in Hyman, Arvidsson and the 3rd spot for either Perry or Savoie. Perry performed well as a 3rd line winger in the regular season last year.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Take this as nothing more than second-hand news and have no way of proving this but I thought it was interesting ..

So my brother goes to the dog park and always runs into Conner McDavid and Lenny ...And their two dogs always play together . My brother had said tongue and cheek to McDavid that he couldn't leave Edmonton cause Lemmy and Gooch would be heartbroken.
Conners replied (Gooch has nothing to worry about) ..
Gooch is my brother's dog, so take this post with a grain of salt and nothing more than second-hand news
Gooch should be eating steak tonight!

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

If Holloway is ever going to learn how to play center in the NHL, properly, the 4th line is the perfect place for him to start.

Reduced minutes? Yes, but against a decreased level of competition. This doesn't mean he can't jump up the lineup at times to play wing. In the long run fantastic for development further increasing the teams overall flexibility.

This is what forward depth smells like.

Reactions: VainGretzky

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
JJ is cooking with gas. Holland is old and don't know about gas. He was trying to rub 2 sticks together in the off season so he never could cook.

• Haha
Reactions: Canovin

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Take this as nothing more than second-hand news and have no way of proving this but I thought it was interesting ..

So my brother goes to the dog park and always runs into Conner McDavid and Lenny ...And their two dogs always play together . My brother had said tongue and cheek to McDavid that he couldn't leave Edmonton cause Lemmy and Gooch would be heartbroken.
Gooch is my brother's dog, so take this post with a grain of salt and nothing more than second-hand news
My dog would have been the reason Mcdavid left Edmonton. He's such an A-hole at the dog park that I refuse to take him anymore.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Or just run Nuge back at centre and you can run a top 6 and two 3rd lines. One being a scoring 3rd line and the other a shutdown 3rd line.

If we look at 5v5 numbers Skinner and Arvidsson both have better numbers than Nuge. I'd like to see Holloway get a chance with Drai to give him 2 speedy wingers. That's always been the type that Drai plays best with. Nuge in the bottom 6 maximizes what he's really good at which is special teams, so reduce his 5v5 minutes and let him get a lot of his minutes from PP and PK.
Definitely the luxury of having McDavid drai nuge Henrique as competent centers.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I had no idea Kane had actually built a home here. That certainly complicates any trade scenario, plus it doesn't sound like he wants to go. Kind of an awkward scenario. Is it because he doesn't need surgery, or because he refuses? It's baffling that he would refuse any surgery that would mean full, unimpeded health so maybe he really didn't need it? But it was allegedly bad enough he couldn't even sit during the playoffs at times. Someone in the local media here needs to do some serious digging about this.
I think he actually likes Edmonton and spends the off season here. Most players leave the second media day is over.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

They should try that randomly during the season. We finally have the depth to do it and it would keep McDrai's icetime down for the season.

Skinner-Mcdavid-Hyman
Holloway-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Kane-RNH-Perry
Janmark-Henrique-Brown

Ideally, I'd like someone younger and faster over Perry but maybe one of XB, Lavoie or Savoie step up during the year and take that spot.

Reactions: M Ace

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
View attachment 892601

Just going to drop the direct quote from Drais agent here
it's not even a rumor that he's planning on leaving, it's just pure speculation from writers to get views. It's like TSN always talking about Connor to Toronto it's not gonna happen. Drai and McDaddy will be oilers til their mid 30s at least.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I think he actually likes Edmonton and spends the off season here. Most players leave the second media day is over.
I know he was here for most of the summer last year but had no idea he'd actually built a home. Unfortunate, if the rumours are true, of bad blood between both sides. Also wish he would just get the surgery if it means he would be 100% healthy with no issues.

Ekholm also spent last summer here as I recall.

Reactions: McDoused

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

All Hail Gooch!

Which dog park is this? I could do some light stalking

Reactions: Darkwinter

Macblender

May 5, 2014
If Kane is healthy it would a be a huge win and provides a nice element to the team. If he is fully buying in.

With Kane skinner janmark Holloway as the LW you pretty much have two options being Nuge to 3c or Holloway to 4C.

If it is nuge to 3C and wingers are healthy you pretty much have two first lines and two good or elite third lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad