Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Buffalo fans thinking McLeod is a third line centre.

1720211304326.png

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I'll say this...
I've noticed listening to radio out east... they always talked up Ryan McLeod like he was a core player on the team.

I was always like... Mcleod..??

huh-confused.gif

Ty Tullio I was hoping would take a big step last year... but like all the young guys on Bako.. they didn't.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
This is such a weird way to see things.
How is it weird? I'm not saying I condone it, but especially with where the team is at, the media and fans here can put some major pressure on guys. Will that negatively effect Kylington? Idk, but why find out for a guy that isn't even a great fit for this roster? Imo of course.

It's not shaming the guy, but it's also realizing that risk may just not be worth it when we are dealing with so much dead cap already.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Look I still like McLeod, but outside of being solid defensively and skating fast he really doesn't do much else. His passing and finishing are bottom 6 quality and he has refused to snap out of his perimeter play for 2 playoff runs in a row. He just wasn't showing enough and was almost without a doubt going to see a drop in production this year stapled to the 4th line. Smart move to dump him at potentially his highest value point, and to get a 2+ppg WHL player who went 9th overall, what a win by JJ.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Kevyn Adams & the Buffalo front office probably think Tullio and Savoie are comparable and that they got McLeod for almost nothing.

They would be wrong, but that’s probably the justification.

Just insane stuff from JJ

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Trading with Buffalo is historically a good idea for the team that isn't Buffalo.

But I suspect this team might miss McLeod a little bit more than most of the fans are going to.
Not really, with our top 6 already set and us signing Perry,Henrique,Brown,Janmark for bottom 6 and Kane + Holloway already on bottom 6 there was no room for McLeod on the wing. Never liked Him as a C

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Pretty f***in crazy that we now have O’Reily, Savoie, Broberg, Holloway as our future.

Oilers setting themselves up for a great pitch to keep McDrai around and keep winning for another 8 years.

Reactions: Gordian Knot

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Hopefully the Condors can sign Savoie's bro to an AHL deal

Pretty f***in crazy that we now have O’Reily, Savoie, Broberg, Holloway as our future.

Oilers setting themselves up for a great pitch to keep McDrai around and keep winning for another 8 years.
O’Reily and Savoie are also good trade chips if the Oilers decide to go big fish hunting on the trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad