Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I mean what's not to understand from our side? Recent top 10 draft pick tracking well, NHL ready by what Sabres fans are saying, with a full 3 year ELC ready to go.

He doesn't help anytime soon.. and by god is he small.
I know he's a good player... I'm just surprised this is the move we are making.

I feel like there has to be another move coming.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Rico to 3C makes this make sense.

I like Mcleod. I really like his game, and felt he could be a Cogliano type for us for years.

But we need the cap space, and we just upgraded his ceiling to this Savoie kid. And this Savoie kid could be here for a long time with cost control too.

I’ll have to do more research on Savoie, but I’m liking this trade on its surface.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I like McLeod but I don’t really know how much upside he has. I think next year might have been a really awkward contract extension. He would probably want more than 2.1 and then you run into the same problems we had with Yamamoto/Puljujarvi where they are ok players but not worth their contract. I think Savoie is a great return. I think Jackson was smart to be proactive if he could get a good return.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
I'm probably gonna get criticism for this, but our biggest trade piece is Broberg. If he is playing well in the season and Oilers are looking to upgrade the top4, he will be the one who is asked to be the main piece in a trade.

What would it take for people to be fine with him getting moved?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm probably gonna get criticism for this, but our biggest trade piece is Broberg. If he is playing well in the season and Oilers are looking to upgrade the top4, he will be the one who is asked to be the main piece in a trade.

What would it take for people to be fine with him getting moved?
Unless he's going with Nurse to just clear Nurse's cap, you don't trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad