Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Did not want to trade Mcleod ever. If Oilers did, I always said it would have to be an overpay only to get rid of Mcleod. I’ve said no for taking a straight 1st round pick for him.

Looks like we may have got it? Savoie looks like a great prospect. Local Edmonton product too.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Our first two lines got harder to play against and most likely improve 5vs5 scoring. Henrique's third line might be the best in the league and one of the hardest to score against.

PK is best in the league.

It means we get ~50 minutes high quality defensive plays from our forwards plus responsible fourth line. In top of that we get Knoblauch system working through all players with deeper understanding from players, one off season in top of deep playoff run to setup the system like he wants it.

Our starter goalie is tested and knows he can work against the best in the game. Played 80 games last season and showed some consistency in the end when team played Knobs system.

Our young players are one season more experienced, Holloway, Bouchard, Broberg and McLeod if he stays. Rest are veterans.

When taking into account those changes and the fact most of western teams got weaker (Flames, Canucks, Kings, Golden Knights, Stars, Avalanche) I am not seeing instant need to upgrade defence. We can see how season starts and upgrade at TDL if needed.

My take is that we improve 4-6 wins in regular season which should put us in top of Western Conference and those wins come mostly against division rivals.

TDL addition needs to be a guy who really makes a difference and wants to win, RH "Ekholm" (rental) is the one we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad