Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
“Poner believes Draisaitl has been playing “at least 30% below his value” for several seasons. Coming off of a deal that earned him just $8.5 million against the salary cap, it’s obvious why he may think that.”

Sweet. So 8.5M + 30% = 11.05M

Also wtf is this line in that article:

“If things continue to sour, however, it’s not unfair to look just a year down the road to see the Oilers could be right back on the same boat with McDavid.”

Continue to sour? Who the f*** said the situation was sour?

It's from the same media outlet that posted that banger from the obvious Penguins fan the other day. So there is that

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Caught Seravalli on Calgary radio this morning.
Stupid host asks “you gotta think Draisaitl will leave to test free agency, right?”
Frank: “ not me, no”

Also they told him they don’t think the Oilers improved at all in free agency and asked what Frank thinks, he says “oh I think they got significantly better”
The Cowboys with no water trying so hard to find something negative to work on against the Oilers LOL

“Poner believes Draisaitl has been playing “at least 30% below his value” for several seasons. Coming off of a deal that earned him just $8.5 million against the salary cap, it’s obvious why he may think that.”

Sweet. So 8.5M + 30% = 11.05M

Also wtf is this line in that article:

“If things continue to sour, however, it’s not unfair to look just a year down the road to see the Oilers could be right back on the same boat with McDavid.”

Continue to sour? Who the f*** said the situation was sour?
This article was from a german website. It was translated. Obviously some words will make it seem odd

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The Cowboys with no water trying so hard to find something negative to work on against the Oilers LOL

This article was from a german website. It was translated. Obviously some words will make it seem odd
Well that last quote was from the writer based out of Pittsburgh. But yeh he’s citing direct quotes done in German other than that.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Screenshot_20240705_113422_Chrome.jpg

Just going to drop the direct quote from Drais agent here

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
So I'm as concerned about Leon as anyone, but seriously it's day 5 of the official off-season, there's no need to worry or rush.

Plus he has healing his very sore bones and the McWedding to worry about.
I'm not too concerned tbh. For me, I think it's time to just tune out the noise, enjoy the summer, and when it happens, it happens.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It's definitely a bit of copium, but nobody who is actually involved with this process seems to be even slightly concerned about it so I'm choosing not to be either.

Mike Liut is Draisaitl's agent so I'm not sure how it's possible this person has any information to provide whatsoever.

Another L for Sports Illustrated. They must know that inflammatory Drai articles draw enough clicks for them to keep the lights on temporarily.

Edit - went on the Octagon site and he was listed as his "client manager." Not agent.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Mike Liut is Draisaitl's agent so I'm not sure how it's possible this person has any information to provide whatsoever.

Another L for Sports Illustrated. They must know that inflammatory Drai articles draw enough clicks for them to keep the lights on temporarily.

Edit - went on the Octagon site and he was listed as his "client manager." Not agent.

So I was also digging here, and Draisaitl is listed as a client on both Octagon's site and Hockey Spectrum who supposedly employs this Jiri Poner guy.

I can't find an article that says Leon switched representation but I think that's the most likely explanation for this?

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
He was also talking to noted Canucks homer I believe.

He was crying a lot during the series

Just kidding, he wasn’t talking to farhan like I originally thought

That’s what keeps us going.

You kept dreaming that Bouchard would fail.
You must be just a joy to talk to in real life. Why are you bringing up Bouchard stuff in this thread?

Yeah I don't think he's a top 5 defensemen in this league. Get over it

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
So I was also digging here, and Draisaitl is listed as a client on both Octagon's site and Hockey Spectrum who supposedly employs this Jiri Poner guy.

I can't find an article that says Leon switched representation but I think that's the most likely explanation for this?

I know for a fact that Liut handles all of his contract negotiations. I had a connection that had Leon endorse something for him and he had to go through Liut for that even though it was really small ball stuff. From what I understand Liut wasn't the easiest to deal with either.

I suspect a "client manager" is someone that handles day to day needs for him, but could likely be speaking out of turn here unless their handling of him changed recently.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton

Pretty sure SI uses AI to write most if not all of their articles now so I wouldn't be surprised if there are errors in there.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

No he didn’t switch. Hockey Spectrum is probably just a European affiliate of Octagon and Poner perhaps works on the European sponsorship or agency deals with Luit for Draisaitl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad