Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Holland patience and loyalty is kind of a blessing and a curse. Its one of the reasons why he has built such great relationships within the hockey circle. But I think it has also prevented from fixing issues in a timely manner or not fixing issues at all.
I keep hearing about his relationships. How did his relationship building ever help the Oilers? We get jobbed by the refs, we get jobbed by the league (cap recapture when Keith retired- he didn’t even fight it), we get jobbed by other GMs, and we get jobbed by players agents. People may like him because he’s a pushover- but that isn’t a relationship

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
How soon people forget that Kane was one of their better players at the start of the season, while the rest of the top 6 was struggling. Kane for all his warts still had 24 goals and was 4th on the team.
If healthy he still brings an element of his game that is lacking on this team. But that is the big IF.
Best case is to put him on LTIR to get fully healthy and come back for the playoffs, almost like a TDL addition. If he can go on ltir for the season.
100% Plus all the work he's done off ice too. He has gone way out of his way to help Edmonton. I'm not saying he's perfect, but he was a part of our success. The guy was getting 8 injections just to be able to play a game. I heard he couldn't even sit on the bench at one point. The guy is competitive. If he was upset, IMO it was because he wanted to be on the ice fighting for the big prize and couldn't. He needs to get healthy, and now has the opportunity to do so with less pressure of the team needing him (due to the additional firepower now here). Get 100%, and then come back and bring it.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Buffalo has 18M in Cap Space still lol. They didn't even need to buy out Skinner.

Was some rumblings they wanted vet D last year. They should just take on the Nurse contract and save face for the Skinner buy out. They seemed to have underestimated how unwilling players are willing to sign there. They need to trade to fill out the roster. We can help.
I mean they could use a RD, they have Power and Dahlin on the left side. If they want a cheap vet ceci would basically be a cap dump.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I think it might be a little early to be claiming that Kane is falling off. Guy had 24 goals and 44 points almost entirely at even strength while playing through a debilitating injury for half the season.
He scored 2 Hatties against non playoff teams. He scored in only 16 games- and only 7 against playoff teams (including against Vancouver when neither team dressed their best). 9 of his goals came in November. He was caved defensively and ice was tilted in the oppositions favour when he was on the ice (unless playing with 97/29).

I don’t have anything against Kane, the person. He’s done some great things for charity. As a player- his cap needs to be used elsewhere. I said that at the beginning of the year and saying it again.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
He scored 2 Hatties against non playoff teams. He scored in only 16 games- and only 7 against playoff teams (including against Vancouver when neither team dressed their best). 9 of his goals came in November. He was caved defensively and ice was tilted in the oppositions favour when he was on the ice (unless playing with 97/29).

I don’t have anything against Kane, the person. He’s done some great things for charity. As a player- his cap needs to be used elsewhere. I said that at the beginning of the year and saying it again.

Do goals scored against non-playoff teams or in November count less or something?

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Do goals scored against non-playoff teams or in November count less or something?
Much like PP points they do seem to be disregarded by a large number of people. I have never understood it myself a point is a point is a point. If that point helps the team win WTF does it matter if it’s EV PP PK or in this case in November. The team with the highest score at the end of each game wins. Also just to add to this Kane was one of the only players with a pulse at the start of the year.

ManOfSteelI

Nov 5, 2018
I don't know man. He looks like he's living his best life and doing good work around the community. You never seen this from before when he was playing for San Jose, Winnipeg or Buffalo.

Every time Facebook bring up posts I made 15+ years ago, I cringe. We all did something stupid before
Kane has talked about this in an interview before. He said that he did all of these things on his other teams too, it just never got the publicity it has here.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
And this post is based on what?

Evander Kane is the man who got his clothes thrown into the shower in his last days in Winnipeg by his Jets teammates. He went to Buffalo, put up good numbers and got dealt for NOTHING just to get him away from those players off-ice. He was as publicly trashed by teammates in San Jose as any NHL player EVER is. It's not just about his problem gambling or messy divorce. Anna Kane is not his only accuser and the rest of his behavior completely falls in line with that of an abusive douchebag, whether or not she is also a loon.

Elliotte Friedmann says the Oilers relationship with him is currently "nasty". He's getting into fights with players on camera, during the game, who are blatantly accusing him of being lazy. Which, you know, he obviously is anytime he doesn't get to play with top-six players. He's the dude who complains about his icetime to the media during a 16 game win streak while he is completely worthless shift by shift. Oilers can't win a game and he's scoring though? Big smiles.

There's a justified quote that sums up Evander Kane. You meet an asshole that day? You met an asshole. You meet assholes all the time? You are the asshole.

He's so obviously a problem of a human being and the Oilers are going to be the fourth organization to flush him. Be it trade or LTIR. The latter suits him fine, I'm sure, since he doesn't want to show up for work most of the time.
I honestly think the reason the vets wanted Perry back was to keep Kane in line. There really is no valid other reason.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Kane needs to go. His injury history and cap hit can be used to finish the roster off. He pouts without top 6 ice and has been hampered by injury two years straight on the wrong side of 30.
Here we go again with the hate.

I honestly think the reason the vets wanted Perry back was to keep Kane in line. There really is no valid other reason.
Yes there is…. Good veteran experience. These accusations and assumptions are wild lol this is hockey not some CW Drama. Sorry to disappoint you haters

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Kane needs to go. His injury history and cap hit can be used to finish the roster off. He pouts without top 6 ice and has been hampered by injury two years straight on the wrong side of 30.
He pouts. Funny take.

Kane likely has given his all since arriving. Played all over the lineup. Played hurt. Good for the community. Good price.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Kane not getting surgery is the same as McDavid not going on LTIR with his abdominal tear early in the season. I'd say that was on Holland
jfc christ, why not blame holland for wildfires as well, he has as much control over that as he does over weather(pun intended) players choose to get surgery or not. People will literally blame holland for anything.

Wow what’s with all the hating on Kane today did I miss something?
looks like HF has a new whipping boy and someone to blame for everything now that holland is gone. Same old HF. Some people have gotten really nasty about it as well.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Kane not getting surgery is the same as McDavid not going on LTIR with his abdominal tear early in the season. I'd say that was on Holland
People really are looking for pathetic things to complain about aren't they? You do know the player has a choice on whether they want surgery or not right? You do know NHL hockey players are humans and not AI robots right?

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Wasn't McDavid's injury late in the year? He put up a once in 3 decades playoff performance, so don't think it was near as bad as Kane's injury that we know happened very early in the year.
it was back in November just before the heritage classic. he played injured all year.

Just certain posters man...just itchin' to run with anything and pick their poster boy du jour.
There isn't much to complain about with the team so the usual suspects are just getting nasty and personal now. They are addicted to hate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad