Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Maybe Foegele wants to continue his streak of losing to the eventual cup champions in the playoffs. He was a part of the Carolina team that lost to Tampa, and three times with the Oilers. Next year he has a great chance to continue that trend.

Talk about taking a bullet for the team. What a legend. The ultimate sacrifice.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
And this post is based on what?

Evander Kane is the man who got his clothes thrown into the shower in his last days in Winnipeg by his Jets teammates. He went to Buffalo, put up good numbers and got dealt for NOTHING just to get him away from those players off-ice. He was as publicly trashed by teammates in San Jose as any NHL player EVER is. It's not just about his problem gambling or messy divorce. Anna Kane is not his only accuser and the rest of his behavior completely falls in line with that of an abusive douchebag, whether or not she is also a loon.

Elliotte Friedmann says the Oilers relationship with him is currently "nasty". He's getting into fights with players on camera, during the game, who are blatantly accusing him of being lazy. Which, you know, he obviously is anytime he doesn't get to play with top-six players. He's the dude who complains about his icetime to the media during a 16 game win streak while he is completely worthless shift by shift. Oilers can't win a game and he's scoring though? Big smiles.

There's a justified quote that sums up Evander Kane. You meet an asshole that day? You met an asshole. You meet assholes all the time? You are the asshole. He's so obviously a problem of a human being and the Oilers are going to be the fourth organization to flush him. Be it trade or LTIR. The latter suits him fine, I'm sure, since he doesn't want to show up for work most of the time.
I don't know man. He looks like he's living his best life and doing good work around the community. You never seen this from before when he was playing for San Jose, Winnipeg or Buffalo.

Every time Facebook bring up posts I made 15+ years ago, I cringe. We all did something stupid before

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Evander Kane is the man who got his clothes thrown into the shower in his last days in Winnipeg by his Jets teammates. He went to Buffalo, put up good numbers and got dealt for NOTHING just to get him away from those players off-ice. He was as publicly trashed by teammates in San Jose as any NHL player EVER is. It's not just about his problem gambling or messy divorce. Anna Kane is not his only accuser and the rest of his behavior completely falls in line with that of an abusive douchebag, whether or not she is also a loon.

Elliotte Friedmann says the Oilers relationship with him is currently "nasty".
He's getting into fights with players on camera, during the game, who are blatantly accusing him of being lazy. Which, you know, he obviously is anytime he doesn't get to play with top-six players. He's the dude who complains about his icetime to the media during a 16 game win streak while he is completely worthless shift by shift. Oilers can't win a game and he's scoring though? Big smiles.

There's a justified quote that sums up Evander Kane. You meet an asshole that day? You met an asshole. You meet assholes all the time? You are the asshole.

He's so obviously a problem of a human being and the Oilers are going to be the fourth organization to flush him. Be it trade or LTIR. The latter suits him fine, I'm sure, since he doesn't want to show up for work most of the time.
Source?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Elliotte Friedmann says the Oilers relationship with him is currently "nasty". He's getting into fights with players on camera, during the game, who are blatantly accusing him of being lazy. Which, you know, he obviously is anytime he doesn't get to play with top-six players. He's the dude who complains about his icetime to the media during a 16 game win streak while he is completely worthless shift by shift. Oilers can't win a game and he's scoring though? Big smiles.

There's a justified quote that sums up Evander Kane. You meet an asshole that day? You met an asshole. You meet assholes all the time? You are the asshole.

He's so obviously a problem of a human being and the Oilers are going to be the fourth organization to flush him. Be it trade or LTIR. The latter suits him fine, I'm sure, since he doesn't want to show up for work most of the time.
Where did he say this?

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I don't know man. He looks like he's living his best life and doing good work around the community. You never seen this from before when he was playing for San Jose, Winnipeg or Buffalo

The number of people who do "good work in the community" only to be otherwise monstrous in their personal lives is not small. Bill Gates has given billions to worthy causes, but still palled around with Epstein after Epstein was criminally exposed as a sex trafficker. Charlie Sheen was one of the most charitable actors in hollywood at the same time he was throwing lamps at his wife, throwing slurs out as his boss & mainlining cocaine.

The long, long history of bad behavior & his current status with the team follow an obvious pattern. Comes on good behavior because he has to be, ingratiates himself, gets a contract, mask comes off, he gets booted.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Speaking of Kane and changing things up with this team, maybe call the Rangers and make a big change?

To NYR: Kane and Ceci (+ a bit)

To Edm: Trouba

Yup, he makes $8M and yup he's come down, but playing him with Broberg and giving him fewer minutes and less responsibility, you might get the better defenseman back.

I would, after that trade.

Ekholm - Bouchard
Broberg - Trouba
Nurse - Stetcher
Brown

I know Coffey isn't coming back as a the coach, but have him talk to and see if he can get more out of him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Kane was a pretty sizeable net negative for long stretches this year.

There's no question that if he's healthy and if he can keep his ego in check (sizeable if) that he can help this team, but in my opinion this forward group that Jackson has assembled this offseason was built without a spot for Kane in mind.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The number of people who do "good work in the community" only to be otherwise monstrous in their personal lives is not small. Bill Gates has given billions to worthy causes, but still pals around with Jeffrey Epstein after Epstein was exposed to be a sex trafficker. Charlie Sheen is throwing lamps at his wife, throwing out slurs to his boss while donating millions to charities. Milan Lucic was good in the community throughout his Boston career, and possibly here as well, is on camera ending his career.

The long, long history of bad behavior & his current status with the team follow an obvious pattern. Comes on good behavior because he has to be, ingratiates himself, gets a contract, mask comes off, he gets booted.
Lol been holding all of this in waiting for the first sniff of Kane not behaving hey?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Speaking of Kane and changing things up with this team, maybe call the Rangers and make a big change?

Yup, he makes $8M and yup he's come down, but playing him with Broberg and giving him fewer minutes and less responsibility, you might get the better defenseman back.

Ekholm - Bouchard
Broberg - Trouba
Nurse - Stetcher
Brown

I know Coffey isn't coming back as a the coach, but have him talk to and see if he can get more out of him.
Trouba is horrific at hockey. Worse than Nurse. I’d honestly stick with Ceci over Trouba

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The number of people who do "good work in the community" only to be otherwise monstrous in their personal lives is not small. Bill Gates has given billions to worthy causes, but still palled around with Epstein after Epstein was criminally exposed as a sex trafficker. Charlie Sheen was one of the most charitable actors in hollywood at the same time he was throwing lamps at his wife, throwing slurs out as his boss & mainlining cocaine.

Don't you ever bash cocaine. That fueled 5 of our Stanley Cup wins.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Ekholm - Bouchard
Broberg - Trouba
Nurse - Stetcher
Brown

We still need 2M for Broberg and Holloway as Trouba negate any cap spacing we get from LTIR-ing Kane

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
People getting upset or offended at this are nuts. He's not saying Edmonton is not competitive, he's saying LA is also competitive, which is true. He was a great middle 6 player and was well liked while he was here. I hope we as fans don't fall into the media habit of kicking players on their way out. He made a business decision, good for him. Wish him the best.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
People getting upset or offended at this are nuts. He's not saying Edmonton is not competitive, he's saying LA is also competitive, which is true. He was a great middle 6 player and was well liked while he was here. I hope we as fans don't fall into the media habit of kicking players on their way out. He made a business decision, good for him. Wish him the best.
For 3.5M I would say San Jose and Chicago are competitive as well

Reactions: Duke74

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Trouba is horrific at hockey. Worse than Nurse. I’d honestly stick with Ceci over Trouba
So that is a fair worry, but I still think as Captain and #1 in NYR is sort of trying to do everything everywhere, and getting less pressure might bring out a better defenseman overall. It's honestly a gamble, just an interesting one for the team, imo.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Lol been holding all of this in waiting for the first sniff of Kane not behaving hey?

No, I've been pretty consistent in my criticism of him as a human being from day 1.

As a teammate? The story will come out, I'm sure, and it'll be something to the effect of "get this guy the f*** out of here - signed Leon Draisaitl".

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
The number of good line combinations we can put together right now is absolutely f***ed.

I think the one i like best right now is

Skinner-McDavid-Hyman
Holloway-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
RNH-Henrique-Perry
Janmark-McLeod-Brown
It’s absolutely crazy the possibilities. You can basically make two top lines and a second line. All of McD, Drai, RNH, Hyman, Skinner, Arvidsson, Henrique, Kane are bonafide top6 players.

It’s gonna be impossible for most teams to match up against our forward lines. You try and get either of your top 6 lines away from 97 and 29 means that you’re probably getting killed with whoever you put against them and then the line you’re trying to get away from them has to go up against a third line that could have Henrique and RNH on it lol.

And then behind them is a 4th line that has the makings of people an absolute beastly shutdown line. Janny, McLeod, Brown might not bring a ton of scoring but they’ll give up next to nothing in a defensive role against other top lines.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yall need to cool it with this JJ crap.

We don't need any more golden gods around here.
I don’t think my liking of JJ’s work will matter one way or the other. If the worm turns on his performance, so will the narrative. Or maybe it won’t turn at all. What’s the big deal?

So that is a fair worry, but I still think as Captain and #1 in NYR is sort of trying to do everything everywhere, and getting less pressure might bring out a better defenseman overall. It's honestly a gamble, just an interesting one for the team, imo.
I don’t think there’s any saving him. He’s a low IQ player that got extremely overrated for his physicality. NYR is dumping him for good reason. Similar to why we should dump Nurse really.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
If Kane ends up getting hip surgery... he could be out for the year.

Hope we Kucherov this as well in the sense that he keeps getting "assessed" and receiving "second opinions" only for him to finally go under the knife in October. No need to rush things and risk a speedy return.

I think JJ has already dropped the second opinion line. Reading the tea leaves I feel like this is the direction this is going.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Fair, you move out Kulak (who I forgot about it the original post) that balances the scales.
Kane+Ceci for Kadri 25% retained. Calgary get 2 shorter contracts and Kane can be put on LTIR. The Oilers free up 3M.

Skinner-McDavid-Hyman
Kadri-Drai-Arvidsson
RNH-Henrique-Perry
Janmark-McLeod-Brown

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Kulak
Broberg-J. Brown

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I have no issues with Kane aside form some lazy sloppy defensive play but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with his injury simply because it affected his mobility.
That said if the team was ever considering trading Kane this season is the time to do it. Not because he is coming off a great season but because there is really no where in the lineup for him to play and be effective.
Kane has to play in the top 6 IMO and there isnt a single winger in the top 6 (Hyman, RNH, Arvidsson, Skinner) that I would play him ahead of.
Of course his LTIR status this season will determine a lot but if he is healthy before TDL...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad